The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Future Fastlaner from Europe

Mr. Tusk

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Dec 15, 2019
Europe
I am not buying anything of what's written in this thread.

Feels weirdly off and fake.
Cool @monnffffiiiiiii you don't need to buy anything as I am not selling anything.

But your comment is highly interesting as I have written as an honest record of my journey as I can without telling the actual names of the companies or the country of my domicile. I return myself from time to time to the thread to check how things have evolved over the years.

May I ask what parts of my journey feels "weirdly off and fake"?

Necromant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 13, 2023
Germany
Great! Nice to have you on board @Necromant . How much does 65k leave you after tax per month?

For the ones who want to build your basic conditioning by running (and we all should), please check out the other thread HERE
Hey thanks for the welcome.

After Tax I’m at 41k€. Welcome to Germany …

Mr. Tusk

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Dec 15, 2019
Europe
Hey thanks for the welcome.

After Tax I’m at 41k€. Welcome to Germany …
It's not a bad start at all @Necromant - you get 3,4k per month of monopoly money. Then you pay rent, buy food, and utilities, and you are left with 2k. You have food and a warm bed, 2k to use, and your phone and laptop. That's a great starting point!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Necromant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 13, 2023
Germany
It's not a bad start at all @Necromant - you get 3,4k per month of monopoly money. Then you pay rent, buy food, and utilities, and you are left with 2k. You have food and a warm bed, 2k to use, and your phone and laptop. That's a great starting point!
Unfortunately I have a car leasing (tend to drive beautiful cars …) and the rest, yes I save a bit. Currently working on an SAAS with a friend of mine besides my normal work. Maybe someday I can be free and decide every day what I want to do. But a SAAS could be a good starting-point for it with enough customers. And it fullfill 4/5 of the CENTS. Just the Controll, isn’t mine. I’m just the co-driver …

EDIT: Thanks for the light wake-up. I buy to much trash, could save more. I mean, 2k a month = 24k a year. That’s more than others earn. Like wtf.

Last edited:

Mr. Tusk

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Dec 15, 2019
Europe
Unfortunately I have a car leasing (tend to drive beautiful cars …) and the rest, yes I save a bit. Currently working on an SAAS with a friend of mine besides my normal work. Maybe someday I can be free and decide every day what I want to do. But a SAAS could be a good starting-point for it with enough customers. And it fullfill 4/5 of the CENTS. Just the Controll, isn’t mine. I’m just the co-driver …

EDIT: Thanks for the light wake-up. I buy to much trash, could save more. I mean, 2k a month = 24k a year. That’s more than others earn. Like wtf.
Germans and their cars :) About buying trash: I am just writing a piece of advice for the other thread on how not to let stuff, trash, or junk hijack your life, how to keep your shit in order, and how to buy only the good quality stuff you need to buy.

I have been on a journey of getting rid of stuff and organizing for few years. My clothes are in impeccable order, but there is still around 30% too much stuff around the house. Just stupid when you realize, e.g., that you have top-notch skiing goggles with five lenses (which cost 500eur), but at the same time, you have ten cheap ones bought in the past 15 years that have cost the same. When you get this in order, the cumulative savings are huge, your life is in control, and you only enjoy good quality items in your daily activities.

And the car problem: I solved it myself to have an eighteen-year-old LandRover with all the bells and whistles. It consumes a lot of gas, but it is in great shape, and I have had it for over ten years. My approach is to buy a car that has already decreased in value but has low mileage, all the luxury equipment and is a classic. Perhaps I will change my car to a ten-year-old model when the current one turns twenty. But there are many ways to approach this one.

Last edited:

Necromant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 13, 2023
Germany
Germans and their cars :) About buying trash: I am just writing a piece of advice for the other thread on how not to let stuff, trash, or junk hijack your life, how to keep your shit in order, and how to buy only the good quality stuff you need to buy.

I have been on a journey of getting rid of stuff and organizing for few years. My clothes are in impeccable order, but there is still around 30% too much stuff around the house. Just stupid when you realize, e.g., that you have top-notch skiing goggles with five lenses (which cost 500eur), but at the same time, you have ten cheap ones bought in the past 15 years that have cost the same. When you get this in order, the cumulative savings are huge, your life is in control, and you only enjoy good quality items in your daily activities.

And the car problem: I solved it myself to have an eighteen-year-old LandRover with all the bells and whistles. It consumes a lot of gas, but it is in great shape, and I have had it for over ten years. My approach is to buy a car that has already decreased in value but has low mileage, all the luxury equipment and is a classic. Perhaps I will change my car to a ten-year-old model when the current one turns twenty. But there are many ways to approach this one.
Yes ... But it is always fun to drive and we have an good connection to an unlimited Autobahn.
hmm like ... I bought yesterday the Steam Deck, because I love to play Games and it annoys me to have different Savings/Have too Buy the Same Game twice If i want to play it on the TV ... Dumb, I guess but yeah ... thats some things u do sometimes ...

Currently trying to sell some old shit, I barely use or Books I read once.

Today, I'll have a meeting with an Tax/ETF-Expert and try to save some Taxes & improve my ETFs, lets see what I get. Doont get me wrong, its all "Slowlane" and Stuff but I just want to have a "Save-Lane" besides my Business Growing. This will just be a part on my journey, this alone wont be my journey.

Know the feeling :D I drove before I got my new one, an old Opel Corsa C, 1.2 Cubic capacity, 60PS, @1999. Bought it for 1k with 30k km down, sold it 2021 for 600€ with still 90k km down. Was the time, where I get new Jobs with more Salery and I want to drive an Audi, so I bought on of Credit. A3, 2021, 150 PS, 5K km down for 35k€ (completly new one was 45k€). Its a small car with a lot of Power, does all I want & is a good daily & low Gas Need. (has a little electro-motor, so I need 4,5 - 5,5l per 100km / 0,522699 - 0,427663 miles per Galon)

Mr. Tusk

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Dec 15, 2019
Europe
Hi all,

Some updates. It has been a few months of intense redesign (mainly on myself).

I started reflecting on the past decades and the structural mistakes I repeated. I realized that I typically have too wide a scope, I change priorities too often so that the compound effect doesn't take place, I share my time with too many projects, and none of them go to great success. I also tend to overanalyze things instead of just going after them (look at this thread as an example) and try too hard for success but simultaneously hold myself strangely back. I also have had my actions skewed somehow (the priorities mentioned in the other thread) - not the priorities, but all my actions have not been in line. On top of this, I spend way too much money (not excessively, but just by saving and investing, I should have been a multi-millionaire already a decade ago).

I concluded that the best results I will get from a) going after something that I am good at and can make a difference and create true value, b) something that I enjoy doing that I can keep the constant flow state, c) something that I can picture myself of doing for the next 30 years d) keep my commitments and belongings tidy and neat.

I have made some changes: liquidating the real-estate portfolio (three apartments to go), exercising 1hr per day (not quite there yet), focusing on doing things instead of talking about doing them, taking actions to sell the start-up mentioned earlier, also clearing a clutter (business, personal, belongings - everything), selling excess stuff, etc. my EA has been a great help here.

Daily, I do chargeable C-level advisory projects for a few companies. I get decent money out of it, and it keeps me honest. I have the skill, and I need to sell and execute. Pure and honest.

Also, one opportunity to start and run a consultancy unit in APAC has again appeared. I am working hard to get that job, as such opportunities are rare. I have promised myself and my family that I will not let this pass. Again typically, people are not just F*cking seizing the opportunities that appear before them. The opportunities continue to the next guy if you don't seize them.

Let's get after it!

Necromant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 13, 2023
Germany
Great! Nice to have you on board @Necromant . How much does 65k leave you after tax per month?

For the ones who want to build your basic conditioning by running (and we all should), please check out the other thread HERE
About 3.400€ a month, so 40.800€ a year. So 24.200€ tax. Welcome to Germany …

I’m about to create an own business with a friend of mine. An SAAS, I Code, he connect. Hopefully this will work out. Don’t want to be in the rat race anymore. Hate my job everyday slightly more and more.

Edit: I cam back lately and ignored some comments. Sorry for the double comment ;)

Mr. Tusk

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Dec 15, 2019
Europe
Hi Friends,

I am still here. It has been a rollercoaster ride with many significant setbacks and no real upsides. I am still doing C-level advisory on contract, which brings in 10-15k per month to keep the household alive, but not much more.

I am on Day #2 after yet another major setback I put a lot of effort into getting, and it was also very integrated into my life purpose, identity, and other important stuff. Now, there is no other possibility than keeping my head straight and boldly getting after aligned actions with intrinsic motivation, with zero time for analysis paralysis or reflection. I also don't have enough results from my actions to bring it to this blog right now. It's massive action time!

I will disappear again for another six months and let you know then.

Cheers
Mr. Tusk

P.S.
Check Arnold's new book. I especially like the audiobook that the man reads himself

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...