The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From the Chicagoland Area

Jasper S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area
Hello,

After listening to Unscripted twice now and reading bits of this forum a handful of times I decided it was time to join and contribute to it.

I am two years out of college and currently working as a drafter at my day job using 3D CAD software. After work I have been learning web development and Python in my spare time. For years now programming has interested me.

I only started working at the end of January 2019 and by April I was already working on a Python script to automate something I do with the idea of potentially selling it. Luckily it didn’t take me long to realize I didn’t want to wake up at 4:30am five days a week. I want my time back and I know it’s going to take work.

Back in April 2020 I finally launched my first website! Out of many projects I started in the past this was the first I actually put out into the market for everyone to see. Brushed up my HTML and CSS. Learned JavaScript and the Django framework in the process too. As well as a bunch of other tools. Felt like a huge achievement, but even though it’s now live and available I feel like I’m still in the desert working on building a feedback loop. In the meantime I hope the people who come across it and use it find it of some value.

Ultimately, I want to have financial freedom and time to spend with my family. Just the weekends aren’t going to cut it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ekrem

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 14, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Hello,

After listening to Unscripted twice now and reading bits of this forum a handful of times I decided it was time to join and contribute to it.

I am two years out of college and currently working as a drafter at my day job using 3D CAD software. After work I have been learning web development and Python in my spare time. For years now programming has interested me.

I only started working at the end of January 2019 and by April I was already working on a Python script to automate something I do with the idea of potentially selling it. Luckily it didn’t take me long to realize I didn’t want to wake up at 4:30am five days a week. I want my time back and I know it’s going to take work.

Back in April 2020 I finally launched my first website! Out of many projects I started in the past this was the first I actually put out into the market for everyone to see. Brushed up my HTML and CSS. Learned JavaScript and the Django framework in the process too. As well as a bunch of other tools. Felt like a huge achievement, but even though it’s now live and available I feel like I’m still in the desert working on building a feedback loop. In the meantime I hope the people who come across it and use it find it of some value.

Ultimately, I want to have financial freedom and time to spend with my family. Just the weekends aren’t going to cut it.
Can we have a look at your website?
Good luck with your projects!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello,

Sounds like an awesome start my friend. Welcome to the forum.

Jasper S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area

Jasper S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area
I like the calculator even though I wouldn't understand how to use it. You need to be a welder to understand it.
Good job!
Thank you so much for your feedback! So far it seems to be a very niche website. I myself would have never even had the idea, or understand how to use it if I didn't have my day job working on drawings for welders.

I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ekrem

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 14, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Thank you so much for your feedback! So far it seems to be a very niche website. I myself would have never even had the idea, or understand how to use it if I didn't have my day job working on drawings for welders.

I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out!
You're welcome!
I am reading TMF at the office because I finished paperwork early, waiting for the time to clock out!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forum, fellow Chicagoan! Start a progress thread and let us know how it grows!

G

Guest1413tpa

Hello! Former resident of the Chicago area here.

The project looks very interesting! Best of luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...