As my company is in its infancy, I'm finding myself scrambling to establish trade/service mark rights, lock down domains, and register logos, copyrights and other IP rights associated with my business. Web domains, provided that the ones that fit our brands are not taken, are the easiest part, I believe. I am beginning to spend some quality time on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website and going through the motions of educating myself, applying & paying for IP rights, and waiting for the process to run its course. What am I to do to protect my company brand in the meantime even before there is "patent pending" so to speak?
I know I can lock up the necessary domain name(s) that I need. Though, I will also need to protect my web presence as immediately as possible as well. My brand will require a service mark but the company will also be selling merchandise as an auxiliary part of the business.
Embarking on these kinds of great journeys can be exquisitely inspiring. Initial anxiety is a great part in that. I want to make the right moves right now that will save me millions (possibly billions) of dollars down the road.
Perhaps I should throw up my hands, save some time, and find a way to hire an IP attorney.
Anxiety or not, life is about to get REALLY good.
I know I can lock up the necessary domain name(s) that I need. Though, I will also need to protect my web presence as immediately as possible as well. My brand will require a service mark but the company will also be selling merchandise as an auxiliary part of the business.
Embarking on these kinds of great journeys can be exquisitely inspiring. Initial anxiety is a great part in that. I want to make the right moves right now that will save me millions (possibly billions) of dollars down the road.
Perhaps I should throw up my hands, save some time, and find a way to hire an IP attorney.
Anxiety or not, life is about to get REALLY good.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
