Drake Nguyen
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 22, 2019
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$50
$50
User Power: 233%
Greeting everyone,
I am about 2/3 through the Millionaire Fastlane and found the philosophies presented in this book really exciting and suit my personality well. That's why I decided to join this forum to connect with like-minded people and look for advice to take this lifestyle to the next step. Here is a quick introduction about myself
- I came from Vietnam, and was awarded financial aid to go to a top college in Boston practically for free, so I don't have to worry about student debt. I am currently an undergrad junior
- I am pursuing a degree in Computer Science, which I am confident will guarantee me a well-paying software engineering job when I graduate.
- But I am not the type of person who would content with a 9-5 engineering job, even if that job was at a big tech company like Google or Apple which can pay me a 6-figure salary. My goal is to leverage my skills and advantages, step out of my comfort zone and the conventional career track to become either a manager or a founder of my own business, to get rich quick, which is why I find the book so appealing. I also like to do something extraordinary that separates me from the crowd
- I believe that I am lucky to have a solid foundation, a good degrees from a good school that provides me with very practical industrial (coding) skills and believe that my goals are totally within reach as long as I have the right mind and attitude. I am a very disciplined and driven person with ambition. That's why I look forward to learning from all of you.
- My current game plan is to stay in Boston this summer, to either get an internship or learn useful entrepreneur skills. So I am very open to the idea of connecting with people in this forum in real life, especially if you are from the North East region.
If you have any idea for me with regards to where to start, what I can do outside of my classroom, or just how to use this forum better, it would be much appreciated. Right now the idea I have in mind are:
- Learn web design and app development
- Network, network and network (Linkedin, Meetup, this forum)
- Learn basic photography so I make better use of social media
- Learn front-end development skill
I am about 2/3 through the Millionaire Fastlane and found the philosophies presented in this book really exciting and suit my personality well. That's why I decided to join this forum to connect with like-minded people and look for advice to take this lifestyle to the next step. Here is a quick introduction about myself
- I came from Vietnam, and was awarded financial aid to go to a top college in Boston practically for free, so I don't have to worry about student debt. I am currently an undergrad junior
- I am pursuing a degree in Computer Science, which I am confident will guarantee me a well-paying software engineering job when I graduate.
- But I am not the type of person who would content with a 9-5 engineering job, even if that job was at a big tech company like Google or Apple which can pay me a 6-figure salary. My goal is to leverage my skills and advantages, step out of my comfort zone and the conventional career track to become either a manager or a founder of my own business, to get rich quick, which is why I find the book so appealing. I also like to do something extraordinary that separates me from the crowd
- I believe that I am lucky to have a solid foundation, a good degrees from a good school that provides me with very practical industrial (coding) skills and believe that my goals are totally within reach as long as I have the right mind and attitude. I am a very disciplined and driven person with ambition. That's why I look forward to learning from all of you.
- My current game plan is to stay in Boston this summer, to either get an internship or learn useful entrepreneur skills. So I am very open to the idea of connecting with people in this forum in real life, especially if you are from the North East region.
If you have any idea for me with regards to where to start, what I can do outside of my classroom, or just how to use this forum better, it would be much appreciated. Right now the idea I have in mind are:
- Learn web design and app development
- Network, network and network (Linkedin, Meetup, this forum)
- Learn basic photography so I make better use of social media
- Learn front-end development skill
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
