The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From 25yr old Slowlaner to 30yr old Slowlaner

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

CMA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

I read MJ's book in 2011 and at the time, I had a dead end job making 40k a year and few prospects of improving in that career field. I didn't start a business, but I do feel that the book helped me grow mentally and change some of the ways I viewed life. I made the decision to move into another career field and today I make 2.5 times that. As we know, it means absolutely nothing as I do not have a Fastlane business, but I feel that these last 5 years have helped me grow in various ways.

I learned to successfully run a million dollar business. Moved onto running a 10 million dollar business unit. Opened markets in South Africa, Kenya and other parts of the world. Worked in Peru, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and other parts of the Caribbean. Now, I oversee a business unit that does over 70 million dollars yearly sales.

I am still in the Slowlane, but I have been growing my knowledge and leadership ability to the point where taking action is the next step. My passion has always been starting a business and growing it to the point of financial freedom. I have become reinvigorated and look forward to establishing a business in 2016.

MJ's book has helped my career even if that wasn't his goal. It has made me focus, stack cash and shift my mindset to build a Fastlane business. The goal is to be a millionaire by 35 and I hope to share that journey with you all.

Happy New Year to all! May 2016 be a splendid year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
You got the fastlane all mixed up. The difference between fastlane and slowlane starts with mindset. Anything that makes you improve your life and pushes you to newer heights is fastlane. Even if you don't have the next big idea. Its the journey to financial freedom that makes it fastlane not the business itself.

It seems like you have improved your life in more ways then one in those five years. You traveled, managed many businesses, and even made your income 2.5 more then it was in the beginning. You should be proud of yourself. Those 5 years seem to be crucial to your development moving forward.

You're more fastlane then slowlane then you realize. Sit down and reflect on who you were before those five years and who you became within those five years to who you are now. You will realize there is a big difference.

Welcome to the forum, cheers!

CMA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 3, 2014
NonMagicalGenie,

Thanks for the encouragement. You are right, I have grown a ton in these last 5 years. There is definitely value to that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...