The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Friendly or Nosey or invasive neighbor?

D

Deleted85763

A new neighbor moved in about 2 months ago. Last week on a Saturday afternoon as I was going out the neighbor was outside and says to me "You need to get up earlier than that if you want to go out for the day". I just smiled and went on my way. Then yesterday I went out to get a take out at a nearby restaurant, which I rarely do. I was out about 15 minutes. When I retuned the neighbor was outside and says "That was fast!" I said "Yea, I just wanted". The neighbor cut me off and then said "You usually are out for a long time!". I just smiled and went in.

I felt that while the neighbor was being friendly they were also indicating to me that the know my routine and they are making judgments about it (like I need to get out earlier).

I like to be a good neighbor but personally I would never say those kinds of thongs to my neighbors, even though I know their schedules, at least what I think I know. How would you feel if a neighbor said those kinds of things to you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I think this guy is just to overly friendly. It's easy to know your neighbors routine. I know all three of my neighbors routine because I live in a small community. So I can see and hear there cars. I think you should talk to this guy and learn more about him. Don't make a judgement on him just from one or two conversations. You said he's new there so he probably just wants to meet you.

D

Deleted85763

I think this guy is just to overly friendly. It's easy to know your neighbors routine. I know all three of my neighbors routine because I live in a small community. So I can see and hear there cars. I think you should talk to this guy and learn more about him. Don't make a judgement on him just from one or two conversations. You said he's new there so he probably just wants to meet you.
Early on I went over, introduced myself and we talked about the neighborhood. They have numerous people that visit (friends, family?) on a regular basis. They don't cause any noise or problems. They seem all right. It's just that I don't want people telling me that they know my routine and making recommendations when I just want to go about my business. It could be that they're just friendly in their own way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I've had this happen with people who lived under me in places with bad floor noise. Also Ive been under people and knew their routines. Its incredibly creepy but a fact of apartment living. Some people just say things most keep in their heads, but this situation is very common.

I have smoked a lot of weed in my places as legal and I've had comments on that which is understandable. One of my goals is to own 420 friendly apartments as its a huge problem for a lot of people, but very hard as the buildings have to be 100% paid cash as loans wont touch weed related endeavors until federally legal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.