The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREELANCING IS DEAD!!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello there fastlaners and freelancers!
(Sorry for the headline just wanted to grab your attention and make you click on the thread)

Im starting my freelancer journey as a facebook ads expert and have been gather information about how to start as a freelancer from the forum itself. Im nervous and scared but im 100% sure that i will crack it as i believe in myself and my service.

I have many questions, if you can answer it will really be very helpful.

1.How do i charge or how do i decide my rates?
2. Should i charge low at the beginning to build credibility and later increase my rates
3. Should i stick to one channel or experiment with multiple channels at one (like should i just stick to upwork or do upwork, fiverr etc together).
4. If you were hiring a freelancer what are the traits/characterist you would look for apart from their skills?

Any other advice would be appreciated. Thank you for time

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
1.How do i charge or how do i decide my rates?
Pick a price you seem fit, and jump into the pool. Start swimming. Stop reading about how to find the best goggles. Grab a pair, jump in and swim. That’s how you find out
2. Should i charge low at the beginning to build credibility and later increase my rates
Explore. Like I said above. Pick a medium ranged price that you seem would fit. Don’t under value yourself, and don’t get scared. You don’t need everything perfect.

If not many people are picking your service, drop the price by some, and if conversion rates go up then you know the market is responding.
3. Should i stick to one channel or experiment with multiple channels at one (like should i just stick to upwork or do upwork, fiverr etc together).
A jack of all trades but a master of none.

Start off with 2 different channels. That way your not overwhelmed by the difference, but your not overwhelmed by the fact that if one source gets cut, your income goes from something to nothing.
4. If you were hiring a freelancer what are the traits/characterist you would look for apart from their skills?
Instead of you asking us: ask yourself.

These are all questions you can answer yourself, and most of which are just stopping you for pursuing.

Stop worrying if your fingers are supposed to hit the water at a different time each finger, before you’ve even tried swimming.

Just jump in. Grab a pair of goggles you think would fit, jump in, and swim,

your goggles don’t fit, you adjust.

Your form is wrong, your adjust.

You don’t adjust from not acting.

Act, assess, and adjust.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Pick a price you seem fit, and jump into the pool. Start swimming. Stop reading about how to find the best goggles. Grab a pair, jump in and swim. That’s how you find out

Explore. Like I said above. Pick a medium ranged price that you seem would fit. Don’t under value yourself, and don’t get scared. You don’t need everything perfect.

If not many people are picking your service, drop the price by some, and if conversion rates go up then you know the market is responding.

A jack of all trades but a master of none.

Start off with 2 different channels. That way your not overwhelmed by the difference, but your not overwhelmed by the fact that if one source gets cut, your income goes from something to nothing.

Instead of you asking us: ask yourself.

These are all questions you can answer yourself, and most of which are just stopping you for pursuing.

Stop worrying if your fingers are supposed to hit the water at a different time each finger, before you’ve even tried swimming.

Just jump in. Grab a pair of goggles you think would fit, jump in, and swim,

your goggles don’t fit, you adjust.

Your form is wrong, your adjust.

You don’t adjust from not acting.

Act, assess, and adjust.
Thank you so much for this advice will surely keep this in mind

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
1. Charge low or do free work for now. Look/speak to others who are doing what you are doing and charging.

2. This is what I would ideally do to build up credibility and practice my skill.

3. Do multiple channels or mediums of contract to find potential prospects to service. Upwork can be a start. Try Facebook Groups, Google Maps (local searching for businesses), Lead Guriella.

4. Growth mindset, Customer Service, People Skills, and Ability.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.