The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Insider Subscription, How Has "Fastlane" Helped You?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm happy to announce that @Harbourmaster has donated a FULL YEAR INSIDERS Subscription to someone who has found value (and results) from either the forum, the forum's networking benefits, the books, or any combination thereof. You also must not be an INSIDERS already.

To be considered, simply tell us HOW Fastlane has changed your life.

The person who receives the most likes will win the subscription!

Special thanks to Matt (@Harbourmaster) who set the terms and donated the subscription!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
“Freedom lies in being bold.” —Robert Frost

This quote from Robert Frost could really describe the Fastlane.

Indeed, I believe that Fastlane is not just a concept: it is truly a way of life.

A life of freedom;
A life of happinness;
A life of being surrounded by our loved ones...

But you may ask yourself: why do you say that?

I'll quickly explain: this Summer of 2019 has literally CHANGED MY LIFE.

I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit, but before this summer, I believed the Get Rich Slow scam was a real thing. I believed that Wall Street could make me rich :rofl:.

And then came the revelation: The Millionaire Fastlane : Directly after the first word (shortcut), I knew I wouldn't be the same after reading it. I knew I would be a lot different than I were before.
As I avidely read the chapters, 1, then 2, then 3, then 45, my motto was different: "I need to join the Fastlane no matter the cost". Why living a life of 9 to 5 slavery only to pay your bills? It would make no sense whatsoever.

AND THEN CAME THE 2ND REVELATION: Unscripted . I was saying to myself: "No book can be as good as TMF ", but I was wrong: I've never seen two books that complete each other so good! Each phrase provides massive value and I believe MJ is a born writer! Thanks MJ! You've changed my life.

And finally the third revelation (the last one): This forum. After only one week here, the value I have received (and tried to give too) is unbelievable. Thanks everybody!

And yes, I believe boldness is THE key to entrepreneurship and Fastlane:

Boldness to believe in your ideas;
Boldness to provide value;
Boldness to live an unusual life...

Anyway, I always try to provide value around me and try to convince my fellow classmates that earning a wage for 40 years and dying is not the only option, but believe me, it's hard, it really is.

I'll end by quoting the 2 words that summarize to me best the Fastlane:

Provide VALUE
Obtain FREEDOM

Last edited:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I came here many moons ago.

Many people stressed that we should add value as much as we can. Took me a few years to translate that into the fundamental principles of business:
  • Create a product or service fundamentally better than what is currently on the market
  • Find a way to get this product in front of your target audience
So I looked for a product I could improve, designed a better version and set-up shop in Amazon. Became profitable from day 1 but over time realised that I was just sending another me-too product. I created a brand and added more products to the mix but the feeling stuck.

I'd like to thank @biophase for changing my perspective. He has posted his views on business on this forum so if you're not familiar, use the search button.

I used to be the guy that viewed a successful business and only looked at the product/service itself thinking I could easily replicate that and the sales would come. Someone used an example of a shoelaces business which I found very fitting.

I basically changed my view into:
  • What target audience do I want to create value for?
  • How can I create the most value for this target audience?
  • Build a business that will be interesting to work on for the next 2,5,10 years instead of chasing short term opportunities
Business books and biographies that talk about 'purpose' make a lot more sense now as well.

Another great resource that captures this philosophy is @snowbank :

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
Firstly, I'd like to thank @Harbourmaster for the generosity.

I'd also like to thank @MJ DeMarco for actually writing the books!

Anyway, a little background story - turned 29 last month, from Wales (UK) and I grew up in a rough area with an even worse childhood (who hasn't got a story right?) - constantly drip fed negative spiel about the rich, and how the rich are bad, and that I'd never make it, or amount to anything - I'm the only family member who has a job, which although a slowlane, gave me the confidence in myself which I never had growing up.

At 28 I read The Millionaire Fastlane - and I now know I'll be the first millionaire in my family, I've got Unscripted on order...

Prior to the book, I didn't see a future for myself, I must admit mental health had always been a problem, now I realise the future is what I want it to be, I just have to find my own path and floor it.

I'm new to this forum, and I read mostly on my phone - never used to have more than 3 pages open on my browser but I currently have 34! (Thanks to everyone linking such useful content!) :rofl:

I realise this post has become an epilogue so I'll make a final point. I don't know any of you yet, but as I mentioned reading your insights has been profound, the value you guys/girls give on here is immense, cant imagine what the subscribed version will be like (I'll be signing up sooner rather than later anyway) and I hope to get to know you all better over the coming months.

mattwins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Aug 27, 2016
"Fastlane" has helped me in more ways than I can reasonably list.

However, two really stand out to me.

I'd like to preface this with, I was a slowlaner. A definite slowlaner. I had some nice qualities to my thought processes; I took accountability (but still made excuses: "It's my fault, BUT."), and developed an abundance mentality that I feel served me well for some early success. However, that never lead to any type of fulfillment.

I spent money as fast as I made it. (Honestly.. I spent it faster than I made it then played catch up many times. Living in arrears is super stressful..) I lived to consume and never thought about being a producer. I chased money making opportunities and followed high ticket commission sales (mostly door to door). I burned myself out chasing money and pushing things I didn't even believe in. Honestly, I was a sellout in a lot of ways and I wasn't happy with myself or my life.

Anyway, "Fastlane" made two major mindset shifts in my life.

1. Thinking like a producer.
2. Making things happen / not excuses.

When I say thinking like a producer; I seek out and pay attention to problems in others (and my own) everyday life. I actively try to think how I can improve upon anything and everything. I keep daily notes on ideas I have. I feel like this thought process alone has changed my life. I used to look for the "best comp plan" (mlm OR sales) that I could "push". Now I seek products and services that allow me to "pull" and create real value in the lives of others.

I was so seriously close to going down the "bro" marketer path. In fact, I may have even started into that path a good bit (and I made some decent money). At a certain point, it didn't feel right any longer and I stopped. I had a lot of a sadness and mixed feelings. Genuinely I was at a point in life where I felt like I had accepted defeat. I felt like the entrepreneurial path maybe wasn't for me.

The truth is, I never knew what being an entrepreneur was. I never felt that true joy of helping others and creating real value in the lives of others.

I haven't experienced "Fastlane" success, and I don't have a "Fastlane" business. However, I have provided real value to others since reading TMF and Unscripted (many times over).

I discovered I enjoyed photography. However, EVERYONE is a photographer these days. Starting a photography business doesn't add any real value. (this can be argued)

I decided in my free time to "assist" a wedding photographer as a way to learn (for personal growth, no intention of being a wedding photographer). While doing this I discovered "Photo Booths". I honestly didn't know these were a thing at weddings.

After seeing a few photo booths, they all seemed to lack certain qualities that I would want in my own wedding photo booth.

Print-booth.com was created out of this gap.

Even though there are lots of photo booths out there, we managed to get booked a few times at a low price point when launching. After that, our business exploded and we did over 25 events in our first calendar year part-time (8 months). Most of those events were at a much higher price point. We kept raising our price due to being overbooked. Many of our 'competitors' charge $300 for a 3 hour event. We charge $900 and are still booked a few times per year WITHOUT advertising (that's all we want to be booked right now).

We get great reviews and feedback from customers, and we have several things we do that the customer doesn't pay for or expect as a way to over-deliver.

Providing real value to people is addicting, and life changing.

Fastlane has taught me to provide this value. It has taught me to be a producer. I know there is much more to my journey, and I've had many failed ventures. Luckily, I never need to question my direction in life, and I'm not sad anymore. I feel fulfilled, and full of life. I'm going to keep providing value where I can and keep growing as a person.

Since starting Fastlane, I'm a better person :).

.. A funny commercial idea for fastlane.. Depicting "Fastlane" as a drug that gives people their lives back xD.

Thanks for the excuse to reflect on my Fastlane journey to this point, @Harbourmaster . What a cool contest !

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The books helped me to get a view on our world, which I first had forgotten and second didn’t have full ever.

It showed me, that my slowlane life is far better than many others and told me to look for opportunities beside my way of life.

And because fastlane is cool and De Marco Is cool. And the forum is cool!

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Good luck to all!

Really just wanted to offer the Inside Membership to the community as a big 'Thank you!' to MJ and the rest of the users on here hustling and sharing wisdom every day. After a few years around these parts, things are finally starting to make sense and come together.

Will probably cut the contest at the end of this coming weekend and choose the winner. If you win, pay it forward in a few years when things start to click.

Cheers

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
The mindset change and the new view of life have been the biggest benefits so far, and both of these will lead to a more fulfilling life.

No more excuses, no more jealousy (of the bad kind), no more hatred or fear of the unknown. Just me on a wonderful journey.

I'm the hero of my own story, and while this is true for everyone, not everyone acts it out. But I am acting it out!

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I will try to give some details today or tomorrow. I’m currently on a trip with my son and his school. Funny I was one of the only parents who could take off Thursday Friday and Saturday for the trip.
*Like*

I was nervous you were going to win this contest, but we'd never get to hear about your awesome journey. :)

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Thanks to @Harbourmaster for this contest!

For me, both of MJ's books have helped me to buy back time and be more present with my kids. I've started several different businesses, and while they haven't exploded, they help me to eke out another $20,000 a year on average. As a full-time teacher, that's enough that my wife can work less and be home with our kids more. It's paid off our house and all other debts, it's put us in a place where we can help our kids with college costs, and it enabled me to buy 5 years of teaching service so I will retire 5 years sooner (essentially buying back 5 years of my life).

I'd love to be an INSIDERS because I already have a couple of businesses created -- I just don't really know how to market them optimally. They could probably grow if I knew what I was doing, and I'm hopeful that some of that information might be found on the inside.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, some great stories. Funny how some of these threads (like the Sell Me Sats) sort of reveals what people are up to!

KAA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 6, 2018
Virginia, USA
I really loved how the Millionaire Fastlane clarified for me the value of the business I already have. I took over sole management of my family business late last year. I was discouraged, overwhelmed and, frankly, worried if I was up to the task. (I still am some days!) Reviewing the CENTS and comparing it to my business really let me look at it from a new perspective. I now realize that the difficulty is the opportunity, and I appreciate the foundation the business already has from barrier to entry and operating perspectives.

Based in large part from reading the book, I am now focused almost entirely on increasing scale by bringing in more revenue from marketing and sales. My goals are to hit the growth and profit targets I've set and make it a true Fastlane business by putting employees and outsourcing relationships in place for all functions outside of setting strategic direction for the company.

Thank you, @MJ DeMarco for helping me to look at my business with new eyes and reminding me of why I love being an entrepreneur!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I'm not going to lie, my current fast lane ideas (and I always have many LOL) are vague at best. BUT...being on here has helped me analyze whether ideas make CENTS. I have been running my own slow lane business for years, and since being on here I have done a lot of pruning to make it far less slow lane.

For instance, I used to offer only handmade items made by me (lots of wedding things and leather accessories) but I branched out into reselling vintage items as well and holy heck, reselling something with a name already attached to it is almost EASY. No making, no branding, you just photograph, list, and ship. Waaaaay more time to play in the fast lane.

Silv

Process driven
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 23, 2019
Becoming an action taker and developing a growth mindset are some of the ways the Fastlane has helped change in my life.

I always doubted everything that wasn't part of the "safe" slow lane. I never took risks and all ideas I came up with I told my family and friends KNOWING they would say "No, stick with your current job" just so I can reaffirm that fake belief of "safety".

Reading the stories and guides from so many people on this forum, I have started my own Fastlane journey 2 weeks ago and I am really enjoying the process. I still have my job and I am planning on keeping it till I can fully supplement that income. I'm finally taking control and it feels good!

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
After leaving my job in corporate and entering the great abyss of world travel, I was scouring the internet for some great advice and landed up at Reddit. I was hoping to find the age-old wisdom of making money to keep traveling.

Unknowingly, I thought: "Wow Reddit, this must be a great place for advice and business wisdom".

Soon (after a few days that is) I realized that Reddit was actually a ground of complainers and whiners waiting to break people's spirits and be mean-spirited. Although, I did happen upon a great thread about an entrepreneur who was making a ton of money selling vape juice. An interesting story of vaping, money and the books he read to get there!

And the book he mentioned was none other than *Drumroll* ... The Fastlane Millionaire. I will admit I rolled my eyes a few times about the title as I clicked "buy" on Amazon. Yet, was soon reassured as I kept reading. Along the way, I felt that I personally knew the author and hurried to uncover the Fastlane forum. MJ seemed so down to earth yet also really frank about the journey to wealth. And it really seemed do-able as long as you were willing to work, be patient and stay humble. It was an epic roadmap :)

And I've read all the articles listed as gold and notable so far feels like free education in so many ways. And also happened to stumble upon the epic mindset threads, and freelancing courses from Lex. They have been great as I've been building a new brand. And the freelancing courses are pure gold in terms of a side hustle whilst I get my business up and running.

Being a completely new environment, the world of entrepreneurship is exciting, tough and filled with so much learning! You don't know what you don't know, but the forum helps a lot to fill in some of the blanks.

Thanks for the amazing tools, and advice that lurks beneath the intricate threads in this forum. And I'm so glad that being on Reddit lead me here. What a blessing!!!

Cheers :)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I'm happy to announce that @Harbourmaster has donated a FULL YEAR INSIDERS Subscription to someone who has found value (and results) from either the forum, the forum's networking benefits, the books, or any combination thereof. You also must not be an INSIDERS already.

To be considered, simply tell us HOW Fastlane has changed your life.

The person who receives the most likes will win the subscription!

Special thanks to Matt (@Harbourmaster) who set the terms and donated the subscription!
The forum is great place to visit for a range of different conversations. I'm putting together an idea file and practicing my writing skills. You guys have just about convinced me that I can write a book and make it a success. I've been kicking around a couple of different plans. Or how about a how-to class with individual lessons -- and an end-result book? By going on the forum, I get to listen to what's happening in a bunch of different markets & countries from every age group.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
First of all, I disqualify myself from the prize. I don't have time for it now. Others need it more than I do at this time. With that said...

How ironic that @Harbourmaster put this contest out. CLASSY MOVE - BIG THANKS! The reason I am here right now is that this IS my safe harbor. I had a brutal day today. I guess I was the pariah for the day. I am too old for this crap - but even if I wasn't - nobody deserves to be spit on. No. Body.

So here I am. I come here to recharge. I come here to nourish my spirit and restore my fortitude. And most of all, I come here to get the fuel that drives me in what I do.

Honestly - there is no place like this place that can do all of that. Safe harbor indeed.

Because of THIS place (and the books, of course - always give credit to the books!) today I changed. That is due in no small part to the strength that I gain from just being here. It focuses my mind and builds my self-esteem.

Side note - I think the reason I was treated so badly is that I'm very nice to people. Some people mistake kindness for weakness. Big mistake today. Bridges were burned today. They might be able to be rebuilt - but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

As for the issues - I'm sidestepping them and moving forward withOUT the help I should be getting. I am not scared. I don't feel any guilt. If anything, I'm glad that I can RECOGNIZE the worth that I have, and I get strength from that. That comes from inside me - from the worthiness that THIS place puts inside of me and nourishes.

This place MAKES a leader out of people. The means are HERE people. Search and you'll find them. Don't just see what you want to see. Don't just hear what you want to hear. This place will teach you how to harness the strength and knowledge you never knew you had inside of you.

Thank YOU! This place (and the books!) have made me a much better, and stronger, person.

THAT'S what I get from being here. And, although I have tried, the words I have said here cannot convey the thanks and appreciation I have for being a part of this talented group.

And the best is yet to come!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not participating, don’t like this comment*****

Just wanted to say this forum is the only place I have where I can ask “what if I sold shit on a stick?” And instead of a “why would you do that” I get a “There’s no market for that”. “The product can’t be shipped easily” and also “What is your audience?” “Who would fulfill the orders?” “What if you made a digital product?”

Hope you get the point.

Bonus this is how you sell shit, literally.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
I haven't got a Fastlane journey to look back on. Haven't got any results of putting the Fastlane principles into practice. I just got started. But I had already written some stuff about how thankful I am for this forum. So now I'm just using this thread to send those out, those thanks. :)

Why I’m so thankful for the Fastlane forum?

REALITY

Because it makes things REAL for me. Never thought that an online forum could do that for me… I can write in a personal diary, where I’m laying open some issues that prohibit me to do what I must do, and pose some self-answering questions about it (because I know in most cases what has to be done) but the thing about actually posting these thoughts is that... when someone reacts on that, putting his finger on the wound… he REALLY cracks me open. It’s so powerful. That’s what you guys do in your reactions. I can’t thank you enough.

ACCOUNTABILITY

I’ve only been active on this forum for two weeks, and I already feel far more accountable for the enterprenourial dream I have right now. I can’t just waste my time, or the time of everyone else on this forum who is helping me, by sitting around, finding excuses.

BELIEF

There’s actually starting to grow a feeling, a very strong feeling, that is actually possible, what I want to do, and that it WILL happen. I’m becoming far more emotional about my dream, because I can share it, and because people, who don’t know me at all, just support me in that. And most of all, because in talking about my dreams with others, I make connection with what was hidden so long, in myself. This sense of purpose, this passion that has no face yet, but that is so burning and yearning to make its way into the seen.

FACTS

The dream is real. It’s a FACT. People actually get there. They’re proving this every day, by showing up on this forum, sharing their experience. And they’re not only sharing their experience, they also provide the actual facts. By tracing back their steps and sharing them, they provide actual stepping stones that help you get there.

CONNECTION

The degree of honesty and directness on this forum is high, and this makes real connection possible, even if it’s online. The supportiveness, as well as the positive criticism of members, is high. There’s no kidding around. Unless, of course, there is. I also love the comic side of some of the members here.

Thank you so much.

Ilse

Last edited:

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Well TMF changed my view in a lot of ways. For starters I am focused in how to steer my practice into the fast lane. I realized that even though I do very well as a professional it is indeed driving the slow lane mostly, just helping people on the fast lane. I am trying lo learn and apply that (I will as for help on future threads), so all your input and ideas are appreciated.

Also, this Forum. This place is absolutely fantastic and the people here is even better. Thank you for receiving me here.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I haven't experienced any major successes with my business yet, but the forum and those on it have challenged what I was doing, my assumptions and my approach; which has pushed my thinking in the right direction.

So while I may not have reached my goals yet, the forum has saved me a year or two of meandering in the wrong direction... which is awesome.

Also, I love the entrepreneurial approach to discussion, and how it's a place we can discuss business and also ideas. People here tend to have a more measured and thoughtful approach to discussions, which is refreshing!

Not participating, don’t like this comment*****

Just wanted to say this forum is the only place I have where I can ask “what if I sold shit on a stick?” And instead of a “why would you do that” I get a “There’s no market for that”. “The product can’t be shipped easily” and also “What is your audience?” “Who would fulfill the orders?” “What if you made a digital product?”

Hope you get the point.

Bonus this is how you sell shit, literally.

Is anyone else wondering how to put shit in a stick in a box now? :rofl:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
@MJ DeMarco as discussed, I'm going to close out this contest as it's the end of the weekend.

Lots and lots of great stories and learnings. Thanks everybody for sharing. It means a lot to see we are all in this together. It came down to two finalists, both with 10 likes on their stories at the time I am posting this.

"Fastlane" has helped me in more ways than I can reasonably list.

However, two really stand out to me.

I'd like to preface this with, I was a slowlaner. A definite slowlaner. I had some nice qualities to my thought processes; I took accountability (but still made excuses: "It's my fault, BUT."), and developed an abundance mentality that I feel served me well for some early success. However, that never lead to any type of fulfillment.

I spent money as fast as I made it. (Honestly.. I spent it faster than I made it then played catch up many times. Living in arrears is super stressful..) I lived to consume and never thought about being a producer. I chased money making opportunities and followed high ticket commission sales (mostly door to door). I burned myself out chasing money and pushing things I didn't even believe in. Honestly, I was a sellout in a lot of ways and I wasn't happy with myself or my life.

Anyway, "Fastlane" made two major mindset shifts in my life.

1. Thinking like a producer.
2. Making things happen / not excuses.

When I say thinking like a producer; I seek out and pay attention to problems in others (and my own) everyday life. I actively try to think how I can improve upon anything and everything. I keep daily notes on ideas I have. I feel like this thought process alone has changed my life. I used to look for the "best comp plan" (mlm OR sales) that I could "push". Now I seek products and services that allow me to "pull" and create real value in the lives of others.

I was so seriously close to going down the "bro" marketer path. In fact, I may have even started into that path a good bit (and I made some decent money). At a certain point, it didn't feel right any longer and I stopped. I had a lot of a sadness and mixed feelings. Genuinely I was at a point in life where I felt like I had accepted defeat. I felt like the entrepreneurial path maybe wasn't for me.

The truth is, I never knew what being an entrepreneur was. I never felt that true joy of helping others and creating real value in the lives of others.

I haven't experienced "Fastlane" success, and I don't have a "Fastlane" business. However, I have provided real value to others since reading TMF and Unscripted (many times over).

I discovered I enjoyed photography. However, EVERYONE is a photographer these days. Starting a photography business doesn't add any real value. (this can be argued)

I decided in my free time to "assist" a wedding photographer as a way to learn (for personal growth, no intention of being a wedding photographer). While doing this I discovered "Photo Booths". I honestly didn't know these were a thing at weddings.

After seeing a few photo booths, they all seemed to lack certain qualities that I would want in my own wedding photo booth.

Print-booth.com was created out of this gap.

Even though there are lots of photo booths out there, we managed to get booked a few times at a low price point when launching. After that, our business exploded and we did over 25 events in our first calendar year part-time (8 months). Most of those events were at a much higher price point. We kept raising our price due to being overbooked. Many of our 'competitors' charge $300 for a 3 hour event. We charge $900 and are still booked a few times per year WITHOUT advertising (that's all we want to be booked right now).

We get great reviews and feedback from customers, and we have several things we do that the customer doesn't pay for or expect as a way to over-deliver.

Providing real value to people is addicting, and life changing.

Fastlane has taught me to provide this value. It has taught me to be a producer. I know there is much more to my journey, and I've had many failed ventures. Luckily, I never need to question my direction in life, and I'm not sad anymore. I feel fulfilled, and full of life. I'm going to keep providing value where I can and keep growing as a person.

Since starting Fastlane, I'm a better person :).

.. A funny commercial idea for fastlane.. Depicting "Fastlane" as a drug that gives people their lives back xD.

Thanks for the excuse to reflect on my Fastlane journey to this point, @Harbourmaster . What a cool contest !
I was a guitarist for 20 years. You know, following my passion! Well, needless to say the music business is a saturated market & guitarist are a dime a dozen these days. I made just enough cash playing music to cover my morning pop-tarts. Then, I got burned out & hate my guitar now. So, I got a job as a maintenance man.

I am dirty maintenance man for an apartment complex now days. I deal with nasty toilets & nasty residents on a daily basis. Something was nagging me one day as I was digging a boo boo soaked tampon wrapped around Q-tips from a clogged toilet bowl. I felt like this can't be it. This will not be my life until retirement. So, I went searching & Amazon recommended The Millionaire Fastlane to me. I bought it & read it. I got inspired & built a website that trains maintenance guys for apartments & hotels.
Fast forward 4 years to today & I'm earning between $1,500 & $2,000 a month from the internet stuff I've built. I had zero experience with any of this. I read, tried, failed, adjusted, & kept doing it until it clicked. All while bouncing a new born on my knee.

I wish I could write you guys a millionaire success story but I'm still in the trenches every day. You guys have no idea how much that extra $1,500 a month means to me. And it comes when I'm sleeping, on the beach, or riding roller coasters with my family. @MJ DeMarco thank you! And @Harbourmaster thank you!

Literally came down to a coin flip. @mattwins congratulations!! Enjoy the membership and taking your Fastlane journey even further.

Cheers

mattwins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Aug 27, 2016
Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks so much ! :). I really appreciate everyone’s votes. Thanks for funding this @Harbourmaster <3.

I hope to be able to share some great value on the inside and look forward to getting to know everyone better!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks so much ! :). I really appreciate everyone’s votes. Thanks for funding this @Harbourmaster <3.

I hope to be able to share some great value on the inside and look forward to getting to know everyone better!
Congrats!! That’s awesome

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Subscription awarded, congrats!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.