The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free idea: "In Product" training video/marketing/explainer for SaaS apps

Idea threads

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Somebody build this. I haven't really unveiled what it is I'm actually doing in my progress thread yet, but I am operating in the SaaS realm. I don't have the bandwidth to build this so... go forth and prosper!

If you know anything about SaaS, you know that marketing people into your free trial is only the first step of your funnel. You need to get people invested in your app and hooked and convert them into activated customers.

What I would love is a solution for building "in product" training video flows, explainer panels that pop up or slide out or overlay that I could apply custom CSS too. I should be able to:

- define and group a series of in product training videos
- pull those videos from various external video hosters - e.g. Wistia, Vimeo integration
- define "explainer" panels that go along with the videos, that can overlay over the app with graphic elements to highlight or point to different features/buttons/etc.
- split test different configurations "in app"

I should be able to pre-configure all of this, and then drop it into my apps with AJAX using a simple script reference or something that doesn't require major code modifications, just a front end html/css mod.

Apparently somebody did build this - tourmyapp.com - but they appear to kinda suck and I don't see anything about video support. So, build something that kicks their a$$ to build in app tutorials that rock and support video. Integrate it with SitePal too :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.