The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Franchised business - adult care

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
a while back, I was exchanging ideas with Janet and a couple of biz ideas I had did not meet the criteria that Janet had created....

after doing continuous research, the biz listed below is metting lots of my criteria such as catering to a growing population with money...

I am eager to find out what are peoples' thoughts regarding this business? and if anyone has any first hand experience with this franchise or others.

Thanks in advance for any input, thoughts, ideas...

http://www.adultdaycarefranchise.com/

• The elderly population is the fastest growing segment in the U.S.
  • The number of people over 65 years of age will grow to 53 million by 2020.
  • By the year 2010, one in five Americans will be over the age of 65.
  • Average life expectancy has increased 15 years since the founding of the Social Security System in the 1930's.
  • Nearly one out of every 4 U.S. households provides care to a relative or friend aged 50 or older.
  • About 15% of U.S. adults care for a seriously ill or disabled family member.
  • About 13.3 million people, are spouses or adult children of disabled older people and have the potential responsibility for their care. Of these, about 85% are adult children.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
The company I'm controller for builds, owns and manages Senior Living Facilities in three states. http://www.thehearth.net/

There is good money in it, but you need some pretty deep pockets in order to get started.

Our average building is around $10mil to build.
Then you need to deal with licensing for the nursing staff.
Worker's Comp is also a biggy (lots of lifting).

I'm not sure about the franchising...we've built our own brand and are now managing for other investors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.