• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Franchised business - adult care

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by randallg99, Dec 26, 2007.

1. randallg99

randallg99 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $164
    a while back, I was exchanging ideas with Janet and a couple of biz ideas I had did not meet the criteria that Janet had created....

after doing continuous research, the biz listed below is metting lots of my criteria such as catering to a growing population with money...

I am eager to find out what are peoples' thoughts regarding this business? and if anyone has any first hand experience with this franchise or others.

Thanks in advance for any input, thoughts, ideas...

http://www.adultdaycarefranchise.com/

• The elderly population is the fastest growing segment in the U.S.
    • The number of people over 65 years of age will grow to 53 million by 2020.
    • By the year 2010, one in five Americans will be over the age of 65.
    • Average life expectancy has increased 15 years since the founding of the Social Security System in the 1930's.
    • Nearly one out of every 4 U.S. households provides care to a relative or friend aged 50 or older.
    • About 15% of U.S. adults care for a seriously ill or disabled family member.
    • About 13.3 million people, are spouses or adult children of disabled older people and have the potential responsibility for their care. Of these, about 85% are adult children.

2. bflbob

bflbob Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $421
    The company I'm controller for builds, owns and manages Senior Living Facilities in three states. http://www.thehearth.net/

There is good money in it, but you need some pretty deep pockets in order to get started.

Our average building is around $10mil to build.
    Then you need to deal with licensing for the nursing staff.
    Worker's Comp is also a biggy (lots of lifting).

I'm not sure about the franchising...we've built our own brand and are now managing for other investors.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.