The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Franchise or Licensing ageement?

GHVan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Currently, I have an internet business which has been doing very well so far. I have been approached by a very interested group out of state who currently wants to use my backend technology and have the territorial rights.
However, I'm not sure whether I should take the route of a franchise model or a territorial licensing agreement?
Also, I'm wondering if there would be a possibility if someone would have a example of a Licensing agreement that is catered to a technology company that I could reference of off.
I really appreciate the feedback!!

GHVan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I think the licensing agreement will be cheaper. Set it up, where you get paid every month, and you get paid on the amount of service you provide to them. So instead of giving them say access to your database/application code, etc. You expose the application to them via the internet, and their own code can make remote calls to the system you setup. This way, they are dependent for life on you. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.