The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fox Web Student Oilman's web design progress log

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I started getting back into this today. I'm glad I have my notes from years ago. Unfortunately I never made a sale....

But the good news is I know how to copywrite better as well as analyze which marketing channels to use to sell my services. I also know how to use ChatGPT to do my tasks faster and more efficiently. Maybe I will do a guest talk with Rob one day :)

I also have to put this somewhere:
I know I have the secret project, this one, another secret project, and my current part time job. I will be doing some job search activities tomorrow. Like I said in my other thread, I don't really like my current job and I will be trying to leave. But the ultimate goal is to have 3 businesses that make me money and I can scale.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Ive been going ham on the mindset section. I think my mindset is at least at 90/100. One of the posts on this forum was very helpful to stop shooting small (like 10K/month) and go bigger. Should be thinking a 30K month is bad, I guess just me personally speaking it's a lifetime of working low paying jobs as well as hearing from family to not think big and be ok with 50K per year (LMAO). I will save the daily tasks section for tomorrow.

Just overall been aggressive. Last weekend had me steaming and I realize I need to take my life seriously.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
It's almost midnight here. Today was a B+ day. I had some moments where I got distracted but overall I got my agenda of pushing my businesses forward complete.

So let me recap:
* Completed 10-12 job applications today. I see in my email there's 2 jobs that want me to interview with them.
* With this web project, I reviewed the lessons Fox advocated for. So mindset and daily habits. Before I set up my daily habits I want to review his prospecting strategies. If it comes down to it I will have to make 5 sales calls per day. Or possibly reach out to my network and offer an affiliate. I know this is the beginning, making sales calls isn't productive in the long run but it's a start. Over time I will refine my process so I can either pay salespeople or like I said create an affiliate program. I'm trying to work my way to the investor stage, not be someone trapped in a business that's essentially a full time job.

Ideally tomorrow I complete the section 4: Prospecting strategy. I really need to haul myself because like I've said multiple times, I'm white hot angry at my current job.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
It's almost midnight here. Today was a B+ day. I had some moments where I got distracted but overall I got my agenda of pushing my businesses forward complete.

So let me recap:
* Completed 10-12 job applications today. I see in my email there's 2 jobs that want me to interview with them.
* With this web project, I reviewed the lessons Fox advocated for. So mindset and daily habits. Before I set up my daily habits I want to review his prospecting strategies. If it comes down to it I will have to make 5 sales calls per day. Or possibly reach out to my network and offer an affiliate. I know this is the beginning, making sales calls isn't productive in the long run but it's a start. Over time I will refine my process so I can either pay salespeople or like I said create an affiliate program. I'm trying to work my way to the investor stage, not be someone trapped in a business that's essentially a full time job.

Ideally tomorrow I complete the section 4: Prospecting strategy. I really need to haul myself because like I've said multiple times, I'm white hot angry at my current job.
It's early in the morning right now. Today was a B day. Like yesterday I had moments where I got distracted but still got some key things moving so I can quit my job hopefully by end of the week.

* I attended my first Fox live call and got some pointers from listening to other people talk about their businesses.
* I applied to a couple more jobs. I also found out today I won a full ride scholarship to a program that will allow me to future proof my career. There are some minor snags to this but hopefully the program managers can resolve that.
* In the next 5 days, my calendar will have 4 events where I can potentially inch my way into a job. Ex: There's a hiring event that's hiring on the spot.

I'm not out of the woods yet but once I have something concrete and make sure the new job is at bare minimum acceptable, I will give my current job my 2 week notice. Even just typing this, I can visualize myself doing that, jumping for joy.

From there I double down on my projects. I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes going through Section 4 of the Fox course. Like I've said multiple times, I'm still white hot angry at last weekend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I just watched some of Robb Bailey's DR training. My main focus from here on out is to start prospecting, it's not a bad idea to offer it as an add on service in a month or 2 down the line.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I'm still here people. My why for doing all this stuff (as in go be a millionaire) is because I'm tired of being d-cked around by people that barely know things more than I do. If I want to go be someone else's passive income I'm being a loser. I know I can do it, I want my kids to not experience some of the stuff I did because other people can be POS.

Being fired was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. It exposed the enemies and the allies I had.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.