The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Found a guy who could be a great mentor, just want to learn a little without wrecking his head.

TomTrepreneur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 13, 2014
This is something I had only been dreaming would happen in the past. But there's a guy I see up at the gym, and he's told me that a good few years ago he had his own lazer eye surgery business, earning some big money. Unfortunately it went down while trying to expand right when the recession hit. But he started the business himself, without having any previous experience with lazer eye surgery.

He has already given me some good advice. And, as far as I know, he wasn't really out anxiously trying to find a business to start, but it was on his mind. He's read some books I've read, and we have a good lot in common with our mindset toward business.

I have only talked to him down by the pool, jacuzzi and stuff, so I didn't have any chance to take notes, or wasn't really prepared, noizy environment etc...

My question therefore is, I would love to get an opportunity to ask him a few more questions, and have a chance to take some notes, free of distractions etc... And plus, I just don't want to be wrecking his head every time I see him with questions, questions, questions. I just want to get it over and done with, and be nice about it.

I have no problem paying for this, but would offering to pay him be kind of degrading myself (I'm very sure he would laugh if I offered, and it would just make things weird), or should I just be straight up front about it and ask would he be free some time so I can ask him just a couple of questions?

All I want to really learn is how did he get started, and for a little bit more advice. What would you do if you found someone like this, should I ask him if he wants to go for a coffee, and bring a list of questions, or just wait till I see him again and ask away. This is definitely a great opportunity to learn the right stuff, I just don't want to be like a pest about it.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.