The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forward through the better path

Solater

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 28, 2021
Hello,

I'm a university student who's always abhorred the idea of building someone else's dream, even before learning about Fastlane ideas. But after reading some of MJ's works, everything became more apparent and the desire to escape this path became more poignant.

I started programming when I was 15 and ever since I have moved on to ever-more complex projects. I have programmed everything from microcontrollers, to large desktop applications, to web applications. I am also quite adept with circuit design. This is not to brag, but to bring an idea as to in what area I would like to develop something in.

At the moment, I am working with a startup. The work is not too bad since the team is very small and I am the only technically adept member, so in most matters I don't have to answer to a superior. Due to my skills I have managed to become very important within the startup, and will soon have a team under me. However, I do not own any percentage of the business and my objective is to create my own. I conclude, this is my place for now, but not forever.

Daily, I try to have an open eye and think about what kind of problems there are to solve. So far, those I've thought about either don't bring enough opportunity or for those that do, I'm left unable to come up with a solution which works.

There lies my dilemma. Excellent technical skills, but without a product in mind. Of course, I know that if I continue to try and identify problems, one will eventually come to mind. So I find no need to despair.

I salute all of you, and I look forward to be part of this community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Solater

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 28, 2021
Thank your for sharing your situation. What industry is the start up that your are working for?
It's a hardware tech company, more specifically centered around a very innovative type of display. That's not to say we only develop hardware, as we also develop the software used to drive the displays and manage them.

The job here has taught me how a startup like this one runs, and also given me skills managing others and in negotiation. In that regard, it has been of great use.

Trail_&_Error

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 4, 2020
Seattle
It's a hardware tech company, more specifically centered around a very innovative type of display. That's not to say we only develop hardware, as we also develop the software used to drive the displays and manage them.

The job here has taught me how a startup like this one runs, and also given me skills managing others and in negotiation. In that regard, it has been of great use.
You guys have already launched? I am in the same stage, as I am on a team for a sports tech hardware and software company called X-factor technology. I was also on the original team for another fit tech start up called Future Research Inc a software company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Solater

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 28, 2021
You guys have already launched? I am in the same stage, as I am on a team for a sports tech hardware and software company called X-factor technology. I was also on the original team for another fit tech start up called Future Research Inc a software company.
We have launched, yes. Two sales thus far, though for us a single sale is quite big, since at the moment we deal mostly with government entities and it also involves recurring revenue. I arrived here last year, but before then the development work had been done by third-party contractors. The company has been around since 2017, so I wasn't really around to witness how the first sales were done. Wish I was though, I'd probably own a part of it if I had been a co-founder.

In terms of initial funding, I believe it was mostly done with startup funding events from banks or the government. We competed against other startups in order to obtain funding. Have you tried to look for something like this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...