• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Forum News Forum Categorization... Call for Ideas?!

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by MJ DeMarco, Apr 26, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,952
    Admin Post
    As I mentioned in the "If you were a moderator" thread I've been evaluating a forum software change.

Part of those changes will include a more streamlined categorization format for the forum.

The purpose is to improve content exposure and content discovery.

The biggest problem with forums (and this place) is finding the content you are looking for. For instance, "How do I grow my Instagram?" or "How do I (blank)?"

Finding this information isn't exactly easy. And in today's day and age of short-attention spans and drive-by social media dopamine hits, difficulty in content discovery is a pretty bad disadvantage.

To be honest, I HATE the "General Entrepreneurship" forum because everyone posts there and NO ONE posts in the right category. I'd like to remove that forum entirely and reorganize them into better categories.

For example:

-- Forum Intros
    -- Growing Your Business
    -- Starting Your Business
    -- Investing / Money-Systems
    -- Progress/Execution Threads
    -- Off Topic (Health/Current Events)
    -- Mindset & Motivation
    So with that said, what categories would work to help content discovery?

I'm not looking for a massive list but something more streamlined and simpler.

LESS IS MORE.

Taking ideas!

AllenCrawley and castr131 like this.
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $10,698
    Putting some of the Gold and otherwise keystone threads into a "Required Reading" thread might be worthwhile.

It would be useful to funnel people into somewhere on the forum that gives them what goes for "common knowledge" around here.

Some of the stuff by guys like @CareCPA & @Walter Hay could go into an "Expert Advice" type forum, where people can find more technical or detailed info relating to specific problems/industries. Who can open a thread in that subforum could be limited to subject matter experts.

DeletedUser052 likes this.
  3. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,225
    <reserve post>

I want to organize my post before posting but I’m away from my laptop. Anyway, I’ve been thinking about this for a LONGGG TIME. May 14, 2017 to be exact. lol

E1157AD9-73DB-4FCC-8377-AB81B5B662CA.png

But yeah, these are some of my ideas on possible categories. I definitely have more so I’ll share later.

DeletedUser052 and MJ DeMarco like this.
  4. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,623
    Please check here before posting
    • Forum rules, policies, and updates
    • FAQ's
    • Best of the Best
    The Business Of Life
    • Introduce yourself and greet your fellow forum members
    • How did you discover MJ's books? Your reactions and applications of his themes FOR YOU?
    • Non-business success (health, relationships, etc. - no political/religion advocacy)
    • Inner game of success: mindset, attitude, conditioning, society
    • Personal GENERAL LIFE and MIXED BUSINESS + PERSONAL journals/blogs/diaries
    The Life of Business
    • What type of business is best for me?
    • Market research, identifying what's valuable
    • Administration, legal, accounting, taxes, project management & personnel
    • The start: bootstrapping, fundraising, the launch hurdle
    • Operations and execution
    • SELL IT! Marketing and sales advice is ALWAYS closing here!
    • Real estate people, this forum here is the location, location, location for your discussion, discussion, discussion. It's cute and has some potential to fix it up!
    • Exit strategy: business sales, mergers & acquisition, investment
    • Personal BUSINESS action journals/blogs/diaries
    Ads by forum members

Off-topic/misc

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018