The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the love of God, STOP using boilerplate pitches.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Create 6-10 steps then a catchy name for each chapter. Use s free trial of WordAI. Copy each article from about.com into WordAI then click spin. Print or post in a blog...

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
I’d be thrilled to have you on my podcast show XXXXX recently ranked top XXX iTunes and is exceeding XXX downloads per month in addition to my blog which has over XXXX views from over XXX countries.

I'd be happy to share some of that traffic with you to help expand your audience and brand to thousands of new ears.

I've been interviewing the most successful and inspiring people in the areas of life: [ENTER PURPOSE HERE]

A few notable speakers booked/interviewed:

[ENTER SOCIAL PROOF HERE]

I understand that you have a busy schedule, and that’s why i've developed an efficient, 45 minute audio interview over Skype. If interested, let’s arrange an appropriate time together.

</ End Rant.
I’d be thrilled to have you on my podcast show
my blog
I'd be happy to share some of that traffic
I've been interviewing the most successful and inspiring people

So he'd be thrilled but doesn't explain why? or even why they want you specifically. Anyone can run a blog but they don't even offer a link. They want to share traffic like its free samples at Costco. I'm more interested in what these "interesting and Succesfful" people say about their podcast.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
They must be following the same course that recommends they start a podcast on their interests, but their interest is in starting a business, so they want to have a podcast be their business. I blame Entrepreneur on Fire.
I think EOF 's advice was supposed to lead people to find problems and needs within the niche they touched. The podcast method is to gather information from the best experts, not unlike mentor relations. But at the end of the day, a podcast is just a tool. Yes, it gets really irritating when I look at Youtube and see ordinary joes spamming with reviews and interviews that are simply flavourless.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
For the business, Predictable cash flow. You know you will have x number of customer's cards charged per month, so I guess you can sleep at night.
For the customer, I suppose there is a market segment that prefers to not think about going to the store every time they need a product they buy consistently, anyway. Such as replacement blades for shaving. They like the convenience of "set and forget."

On the other hand, if it doesn't make sense for a business to be a subscription model, then it shouldn't be structured like that.
Think of the other money-maker with a subscription based business, the mailing list. I can up-sell, cross-sell, and down-sell all day long. Plus, if I get bored I can always rent the list or have other companies pay me to give their stuff to my list.

grapeslane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 22, 2017
Florida
@MJ DeMarco If I was to pitch something like......

Mj,I see you started your 15th book and reached an 10 billion dollar net worth, The Family At (XXX network) would love for an all expense paid trip to have you guess on our show, you usually don't do these type of things but as a striving team we would compensate on the behave of your time. (XXX Network)

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
This is exactly why I like businesses with a high barrier to entry.

As someone else said. Any real money making opportunity is not going to be sold in a course or given out for free :).

On a side note, I have a friend selling shovels to these podcasters. Last time I heard he was doing pretty well.
Oh I'm not saying he is not doing well... Net worth according to sources is somewhere between $600-700 million...

I'm saying I don't listen to him anymore but snake oil sells obviously.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Not sure who you are talking about (Anthony Robbins?). I have a friend who helps podcasters get their postcasts out (not giving away more than that on a public forum). 100% Legitimate business

We went to the same college our senior year and I would always come home (roommates) and he was always in his room hustling. Immigrant too. Taught me quite a bit.

Selling the shovels usually works.
Tony Robbins... Dude who has been hired as a life coach for past presidents, athletes, celebrities... Big tall white dude... YouTube him... People drink too much of his kool aid...

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Easy to implement. Might net you a couple of hundred $$$/mo.
Exactly. For myself even though I know how stupid/it's a joke basically it is a way to get my mind thinking very creatively on how to sell the worst or most NOT purchased if ever purchased item! :)

Etsy account is up, totally feeling like a soccer or some hipster from Portland who is a part time "bicycle courier"/part time jewelry creator selling their crap on Etsy not going to lie haha.

Time to find jars and get some quality stock photos for this baby.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I should probably move this to another thread or part of the forum but would you prefer "aged" snake oil in a more vintage style glass BPA free bottle or in a newer more colorful catchy bottle made from plastic?IMG_20170126_084826.jpg

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I should probably move this to another thread or part of the forum but would you prefer "aged" snake oil in a more vintage style glass BPA free bottle or in a newer more colorful catchy bottle made from plastic?View attachment 14038
lol, imo the latter. More modern.

(Sorry for off-topic).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.