The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For Sale By Amazon (Competition Level)

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Does anyone have experience competing with "For Sale By Amazon" products on Amazon? I've read that using FBA can increase sales -- trying to figure out how For Sale By Amazon affects listings / competition level.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
By the way, this is regards to product rankings on Amazon. (IE: Is it harder to get your product to rank above for sale by amazon than normal product listings.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here is one of the best articles I have read on this subject:

Small Retailers on Amazon Say Amazon Is Sometimes a Competitor - WSJ.com

If you are selling someone else's brand, your options are limited.

1. If you are selling against a FBA item (i.e. Amazon is fulfilling it, but someone else is "selling" it) your only choice is to be the lowest priced (product + shipping) and best reviews.

2. If you are selling against Amazon directly (i.e. Amazon owns it and fulfills it) you lose. Amazon has built in automated systems to ensure they are always the lowest price. You can't compete with them on price. You lose.

See also :
Daily Dot | How Amazon exploits small online retailers

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
True words...

Here is one of the best articles I have read on this subject:

Small Retailers on Amazon Say Amazon Is Sometimes a Competitor - WSJ.com

If you are selling someone else's brand, your options are limited.

1. If you are selling against a FBA item (i.e. Amazon is fulfilling it, but someone else is "selling" it) your only choice is to be the lowest priced (product + shipping) and best reviews.

2. If you are selling against Amazon directly (i.e. Amazon owns it and fulfills it) you lose. Amazon has built in automated systems to ensure they are always the lowest price. You can't compete with them on price. You lose.

See also :
Daily Dot | How Amazon exploits small online retailers

And it gets even worse when Amazon.com starts selling Warehouse Deals of similar products. This just seems so unethical to me and really gets under my skin to say the least. You start selling a product and then a few weeks go by and they show up selling the same thing at that low-balling price. It just does not seem fare at all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.