The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Flood Emergency!!

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hey yall,

I live in Brisbane, QLD, Australia. We are undergoing a flood crisis in Queensland and some of the cities nearby. It is slowly hitting Brisbane and could likely be devastating by the end of the week. I don't want to speak too soon if we are safe but so far 10 have died and 78 people missing out in Ipswhich.

I am reading some tips on 'what to do in case of a flood'. I want to be ready and expect the worse just in case.

Wow! Not the start I need to build and journey on my way to a fastlane business lol. I guess this is process too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
I am in Sydney well away from the rains but have friends in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, they are all fine thankfully.

If you don't already then first thing tomorrow get some non perishable foods because I hear the stores are being cleaned out and if the main roads into Brisbane are flooded supply chains interruptions will hamper restocking. Keep your car fueled and high above water level, away from rivers. Fill up all your drink bottles and what not with fresh water. If you can manage get a large jug and fill it. If it is safe to do so make sure drains on your street are not clogged but don't enter one at all. Keep some warm and high visibility clothing handy in case you need to go out or in case your home floods.

In an emergency SES number is 132 500 and obviously police 000.

If your area floods don't drive or wade through flood waters if possible, keep your family and especially children close, if you must enter water be cautious of electrical hazards, floating objects and if you have to make a water crossing in the car be aware of undercurrents and the water depth. Keep the radio on to keep updated.

For non Australians these are the largest, most widespread and likely most costly floods we've ever had. In some cities furniture, cars, trucks, shipping containers and sadly people that were well away from rivers have been suddenly engulfed and carried downstream. In rural areas tens of thousands, maybe millions of acres of crops are destroyed and dozens of mines and railway lines are flooded and as a result shut down.

The rain that caused this is heading to Brisbane now:
[video=youtube;9Do0LvsdXIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Do0LvsdXIU[/video]
[video=youtube;kYUpkPTcqPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYUpkPTcqPY[/video]
[video=youtube;Vt-FT-skins]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-FT-skins[/video]

Elsewhere they are not so dramatic but the floods have affected an area larger than France and Germany as I said including countless acres of crops and mines.

[video=youtube;M1dnsycB1JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dnsycB1JM[/video]

Long term these floods are nothing we can't deal with but we will sure remember their incredible scale and economic cost for a while.

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
Best wishes for you guys.
Stay safe, and god speed ahead.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My prayers and well wishes, please keep us updated and let us know you are OK.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I just found out some news, we are far away from the river, and it looks like logan area won't be effected as much, so far so good. Will play by ear and see what else unfolds through out the week.

This forum still rocks, no matter what ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.