The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Flappy Bird: Hit N Run (Hes taking it down)

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Just had to quote myself and post an update:
zxq2YZc.png

#1 has been released 2 days ago.
You can have a clone coded for less than 1k USD in one working day. Just outsource it.
Most developers that are riding the Flappy Bird wave are a one-man-army and I bet that a lot of people on this forum have better marketing skills than them.

Stuff like this happens all the time, this is just an extreme example due to the minimalistic gamedesign.
Clever entrepreneurs will learn from this and will be banking the next time a trend like this emerges.

I have a clone I am working on releasing, 2 actually. One should be going under review any day now I hope. The other is still being finished and is going to be questionable as to if it gets approved or not though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013
I have a clone I am working on releasing, 2 actually. One should be going under review any day now I hope. The other is still being finished and is going to be questionable as to if it gets approved or not though.

Great! Hope you're not too late to the party tho.
Keep us updated. Would be a nice live case-study!

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
Here is another guy that made some easy money from this craze - https://flippa.com/3027450-www-flappybirds-com-create-the-next-number-one-app

He just bought the domain flappybirds.com for $10 and sold it for $6,760 in a few days. There's always money to be made when fads like this come along.

Nice... Its novelty is wearing out. I just found 12 clones of it on google play. Most of them have 2/5 stars though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Nice... Its novelty is wearing out. I just found 12 clones of it on google play. Most of them have 2/5 stars though.

Google had clones right away, Apple just recently started getting them this week. Added review period to Apple makes it harder to get an app out, and take longer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.