The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

fitness related book for teenagers

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
Just not liking the model you chose. He doesn't help sell the book at all. I think you new a better and completely different model on the cover.
well, I wanted to have myself on the cover - I know it might not be absolutely the best photo out there, but I had the mindset authentic > perfect.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
well, I wanted to have myself on the cover - I know it might not be absolutely the best photo out there, but I had the mindset authentic > perfect.

I think that is a mistake. It's like a director that wants to star in his own movie when others may have been a better choice.

You are basically telling us that you have other priorities vs making the best selling book possible. MJ took the lambo off his cover in the 2nd printing.

Of course this is one person's opinion but I think that your cover will turn off a lot of buyers. It's just not appealing as you just mad or angry in it. Why would a ripped person be mad?

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
Again, opening up this older topic with an update, for those still following..

I've got the website up for some time:

Begin your fitness journey

I have two basic goals now -
1. bring more people to the site - especially people from the target audience, for whom the material is relevant
2. optimise the site to convert as much of those people as possible

Now I have a few different strategies to grow my email list, not sure about the order of importance..
- do SEO on the website
- launch fb ads
- refine my MailCheat(Chimp) automation emails and offer a few bonuses in the meantime (just give value)
- try to reach out organically to some fitness blogs / youtubers and do guest posts / podcasts
- actually finish writing the book even without pre-sales and put it on Amazon Kindle (which I am sure without any prior attention or audience I can present it to, in order to get the initial boost of sales and reviews will get lost in the ocean of other books.

A few thoughts on this - is it possible to be successful without a good following / fans on social media ?
Everybody with a successful online business I was looking at are well established on youtube / twitter / fb / Instagram / snapchat and blogs with regular content.
More specific, guys in the fitness industry that I follow and who all have their own online products - Kinobody, Mario Tomic, Radu Antoniu, Mike Matthews...

Do all of you guys selling digital products have a big audience to sell to ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.