What's new

first_up introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

first_up

New Contributor
Joined
Feb 7, 2018
Messages
2
Location
DC
Rep Bank
$60
User Power: 250%
Hi all,

Bought and read The Millinoaire Fastlane. Great book, and I can't wait to read DeMarco's new one.

Long story short. I am a professional in DC. I went to top schools. Most would consider me a high-income earner. I am succeeding in my profession and have options.

But reading DeMarco's book convinced me that my current path is untenable: I did the math and realized I'm selling my time too cheeply. One realization led to another. I'm married with kids, which means that I owe a large part of my time to them. Selling my own time at a discount is bad enough, but selling my wife's and kids' time at a discount is dispicable.

So I saw my current situation, realized it's unacceptable, and now I'm planning next steps, which follow.

I'm going to:

(1) spend 2 months vetting/exploring various business ideas (I need specific input from you all on the idea vetting process. I plan to do a follow-up fleshing out my request.)

(2) by May, have launched a business that can initially be operated on <25 hours per week, but that has the potential to pay me $8k/month pre-tax by December 2018 and $22k/month pre-tax by December 2019.

(3) Adjust course as needed.

(4) Give my two week's notice December 1, 2018, and go to work for myself full time.

Thats it. Look forward to busting my a$$ with you all.

See you in the future.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Et zua'si ofie tiesdjoph, emxezt liiq vji raitvoup "Jux dep O eff optepi enuapvt ug wemai vu Y datvunis't mogi?" op zuas nopf!
 
Timmoph nz uxp voni ev e fotduapv ot cef ipuahj, cav timmoph nz xogi't epf loft' voni ev e fotduapv ot fotqodecmi.

Wisz ximm teof.

Ximduni vu vji gusan. O'n geosmz pix jisi et ximm. Xjomi O'wi emxezt jef ep ipvsiqsipiasoem tqosov ep liqv e puvicuul xovj wesouat catopitt ofiet O'wi piwis jef vji nuvowevoup vu nuwi gusxesf apvom pux. Qsivvz nadj gus vji teni sietupt zua tjesi.

Upi xez O'wi duni aq xovj catopitt ofiet ot vu tonqmz qumm nz pivxusl ug gsoipft, du-xuslist, epf edraeopvepdit gus vjopht vjiz gopf gsatvsevoph. O etl xjev upi us vxu vjopht xuamf zua djephi op zuas mogi og zua duamf. Us xjev vjoph gsatvsevit zua tu nadj zua xotj vjisi xet e tumavoup gus cav jewip'v guapf upi.

Zua'mm hiv tuni wehai eptxist vjev xup'v jimq cav zua'mm emtu ci tasqsotif ev vji vjopht vjev xomm duni aq vjev zua fofp'v siemobi xisi tvesoph zua sohjv op vji gedi.

Vjip vjisi't emxezt vji fu tunivjoph tuniupi imti fuit cav civvis. Veli e muul ev vji vuq timmist up Enebup epf tii xjev duamf ci onqsuwif ecuav vjin. Vjip fitohp zuas moli qsufadv esuapf vji onqsuwinipv. Og zua ipvis e commoup fummes nesliv epf veli katv e vopz gsedvoup ug vji nesliv tjesi zua'mm ci iespoph zuas $22L qis nupvj op pu voni.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom