The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Idea built on providing value and not for my own selfish wants. FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Idea threads

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Hi All,

Pretty new to this forum and I didn't want to be another person who creates an account, does an introduction and then disappears from the face of the earth. I'm here to change my life and all the threads i've read so far have been incredible.

So I got to work on my first idea focusing on VALUE.

Anyway, to the point. I've been working on this idea for a couple of weeks and I wanted some feedback on the idea itself and the landing page i've created.
I've used basic website creation software as I'm not a coder but I will get something a lot nicer created if the idea is solid enough.

I've already tested out the keyword searches which have validated at least a need so now I would like some feedback before I waste time and money on this idea.

I want to create a platform where you can enter in how much money from crowdfunding you need or how much money you want to invest via crowdfunding and peer to peer lending, this platform will then show you how much you will expect to pay in fees or show you expected returns(depending on if you are borrowing or investing) and then show you the best options including features and fees.

It's basically like a price comparison site, but for crowdfunding platforms.

At this point, I'm more concerned if people would actually use something like this instead of how to monetize it.

Here is my landing page i've created so far, ANY feedback would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

At this point, I'm more concerned if people would actually use something like this instead of how to monetize it.

It sounds like you started with the solution before validating that you’re targeting a problem. If it’s a valid problem, you should be confident the target audience is raring to use your offering.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
It sounds like you started with the solution before validating that you’re targeting a problem. If it’s a valid problem, you should be confident the target audience is raring to use your offering.

Perhaps you're right. I would use it if it was available, and keyword searches show healthy data so I do think there is a need.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi All,

Pretty new to this forum and I didn't want to be another person who creates an account, does an introduction and then disappears from the face of the earth. I'm here to change my life and all the threads i've read so far have been incredible.

So I got to work on my first idea focusing on VALUE.

Anyway, to the point. I've been working on this idea for a couple of weeks and I wanted some feedback on the idea itself and the landing page i've created.
I've used basic website creation software as I'm not a coder but I will get something a lot nicer created if the idea is solid enough.

I've already tested out the keyword searches which have validated at least a need so now I would like some feedback before I waste time and money on this idea.

I want to create a platform where you can enter in how much money from crowdfunding you need or how much money you want to invest via crowdfunding and peer to peer lending, this platform will then show you how much you will expect to pay in fees or show you expected returns(depending on if you are borrowing or investing) and then show you the best options including features and fees.

It's basically like a price comparison site, but for crowdfunding platforms.

Here is my landing page i've created so far, ANY feedback would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!
Although I'm not looking into crowdfunding presently, I would use it.

I hear absolutely nothing about due diligence measures on comparing the rates. Most entrepreneurs leap in and pay to death....

Can you be more specific with the offers? For instance, this caption on your page, 'Help small businesses and earn money' is pretty generic.
Even AliBaba trumpets that concept.

Some questions:
What small businesses do you want to zero in on? New businesses? Growing mid-phase ones?

How much money specifically could you save them or 'earn' them? 10 grand? Give them a number to visualize and take stock of. Crowdfunding could be just like any other investment to grow the biz...you might want them to be more cautious about things to start looking for help from you.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Although I'm not looking into crowdfunding presently, I would use it.

I hear absolutely nothing about due diligence measures on comparing the rates. Most entrepreneurs leap in and pay to death....

Can you be more specific with the offers? For instance, this caption on your page, 'Help small businesses and earn money' is pretty generic.
Even AliBaba trumpets that concept.

Some questions:
What small businesses do you want to zero in on? New businesses? Growing mid-phase ones?

How much money specifically could you save them or 'earn' them? 10 grand? Give them a number to visualize and take stock of. Crowdfunding could be just like any other investment to grow the biz...you might want them to be more cautious about things to start looking for help from you.

Thank you. Great feedback with some point to consider.

"The Help small businesses and Earn money" is more of a general statement about peer to peer lending, for instance, instead of investing in stocks or bonds, you could earn from 5%-7% investing in peer to peer lending platforms while helping small businesses grow.

"How much money specifically could you save them or 'earn' them? 10 grand?"
Great point, on the site, when you enter your loan amount, it displays how much you could save in fees or earn in returns.
For example depending on which platform you use, a $100,000 loan could cost you from $8000 in fees, up to $12,000 in fees.
That's a saving of $4000 and that could double or triple depending on the initial loan amount.
On the investment side, yields range from 3% to 7.5% so on $100,000 that would be an increase of $4500 dollars per year.

An ugly version of what it would be like is this:

Funderscope page 1.jpg

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
The hot pink call to actions buttons, not a huge fan. The main attraction should be the "sign me up" button, not the form fields.

Perhaps make the form fields white and have some thin pink bordering.

Also, It should say "You could be missing out on thousands"

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
The hot pink call to actions buttons, not a huge fan. The main attraction should be the "sign me up" button, not the form fields.

Perhaps make the form fields white and have some thin pink bordering.

Great! Thanks. Will get them changed.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Not sure if you saw my edit just now =p. On thousands not of thousands

Yeah just saw it, thanks! Will change that too. What on your thoughts on the idea if you don't mind me asking?

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Yeah just saw it, thanks! Will change that too. What on your thoughts on the idea if you don't mind me asking?

I've got very little knowledge on the CF space. I haven't been through the process or seen it in action closely enough to really know if you are solving a viable problem or not. So I'm just not really sure in all honesty

Last edited:

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I think its a good idea without knowing if there is an audience for it. If you see people searching for keywords related to what this tool can do, then it has a chance to generate visits and become a useful tool for sure. The hardest part will always be having people find the website and actually use it. Make sure you have a reliable plan on achieving exposure after you validate the need for it (which it sounds like you've somewhat done).

I think about who would use this tool? Someone about to sign up for a CF website. How do you reach those people? Startup forums, blogs? Maybe have some entrepreneur/business startup websites promote your tool to reach people who are considering CF.

@JAJT just went through CF experience. Any thoughts?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I like the idea, although I am not fully versed on the space.

And congrats on the production.

What is your business model eventually? Commissions on new campaigns?

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I think its a good idea without knowing if there is an audience for it. If you see people searching for keywords related to what this tool can do, then it has a chance to generate visits and become a useful tool for sure. The hardest part will always be having people find the website and actually use it. Make sure you have a reliable plan on achieving exposure after you validate the need for it (which it sounds like you've somewhat done).

I think about who would use this tool? Someone about to sign up for a CF website. How do you reach those people? Startup forums, blogs? Maybe have some entrepreneur/business startup websites promote your tool to reach people who are considering CF.

@JAJT just went through CF experience. Any thoughts?

Great suggestions and tips, thank you!
I think what will be the most difficult is getting the traffic, PPC could be expensive and run at a loss if you aren't able to convert the visit into commission which is my biggest concern.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I like the idea, although I am not fully versed on the space.

And congrats on the production.

What is your business model eventually? Commissions on new campaigns?

Thank you for your feedback, yes I think either commissions on new campaigns or affiliate links/email marketing for the tools and software recommendations that i post.
If it generates enough traffic then maybe paid advertisements, but that would be a long way down the line.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.