The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First "business" at 17 - Udemy Instructor

Miorin

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 13, 2018
TL;DR: I want to become an Instructor on Udemy in a language that doesn't have competition, warnings and tips? Things/skills to learn while in the journey?

I'm a 17yo guy from Brazil that doens't know nothing about business seeking advice.

Background Info:
I'm a hardcore life-long learner and I have lots of valuable informations and skills to share. I don't need to work to survive yet, and I don't need money, but that will change in 1 1/2 year,

I noticed that Udemy just launched in Brazil (1-2years ago), so the competition is almost 0.
If I have a competitor, chances are that they are just uploading one course to make some "fast side money" without even promoting it.

I noticed also that top instructors here have low-mid copywriting skills and some terrible promotional videos.
Some of then even uses the "Description section" only to explain what the course is about.

They are teachers, they don't want to learn or don't know how to sell.

I want to be different.

The supply of the market is low
The demand of the market is also low.

But the plataform just arrived here, the demand will be high in the future, and If I start creating a real brand around it, creating high quality content, delivering real value, I may be one of the top instructors.

Other point: If I use it correctly, I can be paid to leverage transferable business skills with no risk.

What do you think about it? I plan to make a lot of courses, like 2-3/month.

Again, I don't care about money in the short-term.

I don't want to be on Udemy for too long (6+ years for example) as I don't have control and I don't like the business model for the long-term (because if a student buys a course, there's no need to buy it again.)

Sorry for the bad writing, I'm still learning English.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.