The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding friends

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Zarmeen7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I would like to ask a few questions:

- Is there an interesting biography you are reading or have read?
- How do you deal with days where you feel dull and miserable?
- What are some significant things life has taught you so far?
- Do you have any Fastlaners in your life?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted73907

"American Ulysses - A Life of Ulysses S. Grant" - Ronald C. White.

Big volume, but a very good read imho.

Grant - the 18th president of the United States - experienced in his life every up and down that you can imagine.

Bankruptcy, unemployment, loneliness, years separated from his family, then most important general of the civil war, president, again losing all his money in dubious ventures etc.

Zarmeen7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 1, 2021
United Kingdom
"American Ulysses - A Life of Ulysses S. Grant" - Ronald C. White.

Big volume, but a very good read imho.

Grant - the 18th president of the United States - experienced in his life every up and down that you can imagine.

Bankruptcy, unemployment, then most important general of the civil war, president, again losing all his money in dubious ventures etc.

Sounds amazing! Definitely something I need to read! Thank you :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
1. No
2. I’m either happy and everything’s going smooth or I’m pissed off and motivated. If I’m feeling down I work through it and I try to avoid making decisions when in a bad mood. I go to the gym and try to mix up the routine.
3. Listening to your gut is where genius comes from. Don’t follow the masses in any way.
4. Tons of em. All my friends intuitively understand fastlane/unscripted principles. All “red-pilled”. “All gas no brakes” type of dudes.

Zarmeen7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 1, 2021
United Kingdom
1. No
2. I’m either happy and everything’s going smooth or I’m pissed off and motivated. If I’m feeling down I work through it and I try to avoid making decisions when in a bad mood. I go to the gym and try to mix up the routine.
3. Listening to your gut is where genius comes from. Don’t follow the masses in any way.
4. Tons of em. All my friends intuitively understand fastlane/unscripted principles. All “red-pilled”. “All gas no brakes” type of dudes.

Ah, sounds good!

Also, on the last point, how did you meet these kind of people? I feel like I'm surrounded by many slowlaners/sidewalkers and find it quite difficult to find driven people in person.

salva101

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 4, 2021
Also, on the last point, how did you meet these kind of people? I feel like I'm surrounded by many slowlaners/sidewalkers and find it quite difficult to find driven people in person.

Same here! Like ALL my friends dont care about living a mediocre life... I feel like a joke when I try to express my dreams, creations and such. I’d also love to know how do you find and surround yourselves with fastlaners... I feel like an alien...

jpl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 12, 2021
1. an interesting biography I enjoyed reading is Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre.

2. when I feel that way it’s usually because I am tired and need to recharge. I just take a nap in that case.

3. most of the „big challenges“ you’re facing will seem smaller once you’ve overcome them. That doesn’t mean that your challenge wasn’t as big as you thought, it just means that you’re growing.

4. I know some self-employed people working on their own projects. They all just get by though, none have made millions. It’s good though, I like to conquer rather unknown territory and don’t feel like I have to use someone’s way as a guideline because I know them and they made it.

Zarmeen7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Same here! Like ALL my friends dont care about living a mediocre life... I feel like a joke when I try to express my dreams, creations and such. I’d also love to know how do you find and surround yourselves with fastlaners... I feel like an alien...
Definitely, I feel exactly the same. I guess it does get a bit lonely when you're thinking bigger.

Zarmeen7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 1, 2021
United Kingdom
1. an interesting biography I enjoyed reading is Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre.

2. when I feel that way it’s usually because I am tired and need to recharge. I just take a nap in that case.

3. most of the „big challenges“ you’re facing will seem smaller once you’ve overcome them. That doesn’t mean that your challenge wasn’t as big as you thought, it just means that you’re growing.

4. I know some self-employed people working on their own projects. They all just get by though, none have made millions. It’s good though, I like to conquer rather unknown territory and don’t feel like I have to use someone’s way as a guideline because I know them and they made it.

I agree, challenges really do shape your perspective of what you can deal with. They definitely make you better.

Also, I really like your final point about an "unknown territory", it does help me think from another perspective.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Ah, sounds good!

Build a business
Be so abrasive and caustic to normal people that you're either alone, or around other focused fastlaners.
Be a winner. Chat up other winners when you're out and about. You can meet all sorts of people but if you're a tubby broke loser with a weak handshake, well that's a great way to meet other like-minded people, which is what we're trying to avoid in the first place. Be a winner.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I met 2 of my closest friends at the Fastlane Summit. One I talk to daily, the other I talk to several times throughout the week.

Go to events / places where people get together to meet other people who share your purpose (business, fitness, culture, politics, whatever).

Your closest friends will be people who you work on with shared, meaningful projects.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Be so abrasive and caustic to normal people that you're either alone, or around other focused fastlaners.

"Take what you want and pay for it, says God.'" - Spanish Proverb

I won't say that your point is without merit, but I will say that the world is a very small place and that you'd be alarmed how people know each other. There are negative consequences to acting this way.

D

Deleted78083

1. Richard Branson's losing my virginity.
2. I write, scream, and listen to music loudly.
3. Work hard, go to the gym, talk to people.
4. No. Worse. 120% of people i meet are all communist or identity politics degenerates complaining about how bad the government is because they dont get enough money from it.

As a result, this forum makes up for 80% of my daily social life.

Imma have to think about upgrading to the INSIDERS group.

chrisjcall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I would like to ask a few questions:

- How do you deal with days where you feel dull and miserable?
- What are some significant things life has taught you so far?
- Do you have any Fastlaners in your life?
I live a good biography written about interesting people. I learn a lot from them, and I find them motivating and inspiring.

Some of my favorites are:

Shoe Dog
Steve Jobs (Walter Isaacson)
Undaunted Courage
The Operator
Can’t Hurt Me
QB (Steve young)

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I'm blessed to have some very inspiring friends, but it's still something I think about regularly, how to surround myself with more people who are really pushing themselves to succeed.

Mostly I think it is just improving yourself and then your life circumstances change, and then you just need to be open and aware to welcome that next level of people into your life.

Make it a goal to make better friends.

If you're talking with people who complain about being victims, remember, you're not a victim, you're a volunteer. You're volunteering to associate with those people.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016