The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding a business with NO competition

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
How do I find a business with little or no competition?

I'm looking to find a niche I can dominate.

Any suggestions?

How do I find the best way to provide value ?

I'm no succesful entrepreneur yet, but everything I'm working on follows this rule :)

If competition - good competition - is high, it probably means there's not much value to be added in that 'niche' (unless you have something that makes your competitors irrelevant)

D

DeletedUser2

until you have about 2 Million in Gross revenue, you have no competition. in fact YOU are your biggest competition.

after 2M then your a player in the market.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
No competetition means no proven demand. Nobody knows to look for you.

If any of it is online then it automatically is in a competitive market (getting attention is hard)

Starting from square one means you likely only have a basic understanding of any industry. How would you understand an industry enough to know what products or services would be a good idea compared to someone who’s been in the same industry for years?

So, instead of doing something with NO competition...

Catch a trend early.

Get into an industry and learn about it, watch where things are going and make a move.

Do things better. Take a new approach to a common problem. Update an archaic system. Streamline a process using fast lane principals.

Needing to be the only person in an industry usually just means you’re afraid of competition because you’re sure you can’t go against someone else. That, or you think being the only one will mean you’ll make millions overnight. Usually it’s a short sighted mindset that says “I need a business with no competition”.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
No competetition means no proven demand. Nobody knows to look for you.

If any of it is online then it automatically is in a competitive market (getting attention is hard)

Starting from square one means you likely only have a basic understanding of any industry. How would you understand an industry enough to know what products or services would be a good idea compared to someone who’s been in the same industry for years?

So, instead of doing something with NO competition...

Catch a trend early.

Get into an industry and learn about it, watch where things are going and make a move.

Do things better. Take a new approach to a common problem. Update an archaic system. Streamline a process using fast lane principals.

Needing to be the only person in an industry usually just means you’re afraid of competition because you’re sure you can’t go against someone else. That, or you think being the only one will mean you’ll make millions overnight. Usually it’s a short sighted mindset that says “I need a business with no competition”.

I think your mindset says “I’m a wimp that needs validation” create the validation.

Don’t put your advice in a box. There are a million dimensions to this question.

Do you want to build something meaningful? Do you want to create multi-generational wealth or chase money?

I second Peter Thiel’s book. You @Johnny boy should read it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.