The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally here!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Day is finally here for me.

If you are in the fastlane group on skype then you all know my plan etc.

I've been working on this business since the beginning of this year, it took a failure of a security business to give me to drive to follow through with it.

I considered kickstarter but since speaking with a few fastlaners from the group, I decided pre ordering was the way to go.

http://challengeroptics.com/

Fire away!

Thanks again for the people that have supported me so far, and thank you to the future supporters.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
Product looks great and I can see this being useful. Going to watch the thread, good luck man.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
This is merely just software which dims your screen right? You are still getting the blue light radiation from it. This is the main cause of the problems such has headaches and especially cataracts. My product eliminates the radiation, the curve of the lens stop drying air currents also. As well as all the other features!

Thanks for your comment though, good question!

atro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 20, 2014
San Diego, CA
This is merely just software which dims your screen right? You are still getting the blue light radiation from it. This is the main cause of the problems such has headaches and especially cataracts. My product eliminates the radiation, the curve of the lens stop drying air currents also. As well as all the other features!

Thanks for your comment though, good question!

It doesn't dim the screen, it displays a yellow tinge on the screen so that it is a lot easier on your eyes.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
It doesn't dim the screen, it displays a yellow tinge on the screen so that it is a lot easier on your eyes.

Totally different to my product, won't have much effect apart from the glare I'm guessing.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I love the concept, and the product looks awesome!
A quick comment though...the Web site loads reeeeally slooooow... If I weren't so interested to see what you were doing, I'd have clicked away before getting all the great details. Might there be a way for you to reduce the graphics or something? I wonder if you're losing some potential sales because we computer users have gotten so darn impatient with sites that load slowly.

To see what I mean, maybe find a computer where you haven't visited the site before and see how long it takes for the whole page to come up. As embarrassed as I am to admit this, if a Web page doesn't load within a couple of seconds I usually just click away. (*Hangs head in shame...*)

Either way, congrats on your progress and best of luck to you!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Thanks for the feedback guys, you have no idea how much it boosts up. Ill get the website look at when I come back from jogging!

And your right, my main target is gamers, especially major esports, which over the past year has took off.

Did you know that Call of duty esports will be at the Xgames on LIVE TV? Awesome huh? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 20, 2014
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the feedback guys, you have no idea how much it boosts up. Ill get the website look at when I come back from jogging!

And your right, my main target is gamers, especially major esports, which over the past year has took off.

Did you know that Call of duty esports will be at the Xgames on LIVE TV? Awesome huh? :)

Yeah man, e-sports is a huge market (I work on the playstation network hehe).

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Yeah man, e-sports is a huge market (I work on the playstation network hehe).

That's pretty awesome, although play station is yet to get involved properly in esports, I'm a Microsoft fan myself :)

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Are there going to be prescription glasses?
Also since you are targeting the e-sports business isn't it the same concept as Gunnars?
http://www.gunnars.com/
They have a lot of pro gamers endorsing their product.

Also Good Luck mate!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
They are the same Concept as gunnars, but the lens I used is a tad more adapted.

As for prescriptions, it's something for the future.

Considering a patent once thing get going.

Thanks tony!

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
looks good but two typos at the bottom of page. week should be weeks and your should be you're. good luck with it all.

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Congrats on the site so far!

How did you create the website? Did you outsource it? If so, how much was it?

P.S What's the Skype group, would love to join!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Thanks guys! As for the theme it's just a wordpress theme which I customised, I used to be a web developer so it was cheaper to do.

If you message me your skype I'll invite you, or message Jaz B who runs the group I think.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Update: amazing past 24 hours, only need 65 more pre orders!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Thanks!

Updates: I was approached by an online game store which wants to resell. Currently in talks and hopefully they can take a big order.

Original92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 29, 2013
The Narrow Road
Nice product and a great website! I really like the style :)

Try them for 2 week, if your not happy then we will refund you.
Shouldn't this be "2 weeks"? and if you're?

Good luck!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Yeah that's needs changing, thanks again for the feedback :)

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
As for prescriptions, it's something for the future.

I would find this helpful.

Neat product, and neat website. Are you specifically targeting Britons right now (recognized the word usage from the website)? Also, is it possible to post to gaming subreddits if you haven't yet? I see posts like this there (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1mgvsf/gunnars_do_they_work_is_there_a_cheaper_offbrand/). Good job on getting a partnership early.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I would find this helpful.
Neat product, and neat website. Are you specifically targeting Britons right now (recognized the word usage from the website)? Also, is it possible to post to gaming subreddits if you haven't yet? I see posts like this there (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1mgvsf/gunnars_do_they_work_is_there_a_cheaper_offbrand/). Good job on getting a partnership early.

Thanks Jakko,

I completely forgot about reddit, I'll have a browse now.

As for targeting, I want the UK market first, but the product is available to buy worldwide.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.