The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally Free

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
Hello Everyone!

I'm a 33 year old Belgian man living in Paris who has been dreaming about freedom from corporate slavery for the last 3 decades and I've finally made the decision to leave my 9to5 and move to a 5to9 doing something I actually want.

I've been reading posts here for the last 6 months and reading about every "success" book in living history, but now that I decided to stop dreaming and start doing, I might as well join to ask successful people stuff I can find out by myself!!

Where do I want to be

I officially leave my job on the 31/10/2015 and my first goal is to become successful enough to never need a corporate job again. I started as a freelance translator a month ago and I've alread had a surprising amount of work. My far off goal is to have a large scale translation business once I figure what that actually means.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Hello Everyone!

I'm a 33 year old Belgian man living in Paris who has been dreaming about freedom from corporate slavery for the last 3 decades and I've finally made the decision to leave my 9to5 and move to a 5to9 doing something I actually want.

I've been reading posts here for the last 6 months and reading about every "success" book in living history, but now that I decided to stop dreaming and start doing, I might as well join to ask successful people stuff I can find out by myself!!

Where do I want to be

I officially leave my job on the 31/10/2015 and my first goal is to become successful enough to never need a corporate job again. I started as a freelance translator a month ago and I've alread had a surprising amount of work. My far off goal is to have a large scale translation business once I figure what that actually means.

Welcome @Kraelog ! ~

Have you read MJ's book, The Millionaire Fastlane ?

You can get your badge for it here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/ive-read-the-the-millionaire-fastlane.28234/

Last edited by a moderator:

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015

Welcome to the madhouse! Congrats on getting to the point of being able to afford to leave your job and start to focus on what you really want to be doing. To get to this stage is hugely impressive! If you keep going the way you are then I'm sure you're going to be able to tick off that first goal!

Concerning your translation business - have you found while freelancing that there's anything that people suggest they are having problems with or just requests you get time and time again? For example, do you find a lot of people want same day? Is there an industry that seems to have more need than others? With a growing client base it sounds like you've got a great source of people for idea generation. Make sure to keep talking to them and see what issues they have and that second goal doesn't need to be such a far off one!

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
Hey Imgal,

I am only at the starting point of my business so I'm not quite sure I say anything with a certain expertise, but in general a lot of clients tell me they don't like freelancers since many offer very low value and tend to disappear when there is any sigh of trouble. In fact, my first client was so estatic that I kept a conversation going a week after the job was finished to further explain certain translations choices (which I think is normal?) that he immediatly became a recurring client and he's been sending me work on a weekly basis.

Soooo... customer service is King.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...