The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fight back…. …..do you?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What’s your story about fighting yourself back to fitness after a negative impact?

That can be an accident, a desease, or anything else, what brought you down.

I ll tell you my last, where I m just about to fight back:

Had a prolaps in summer 2022, which forced me to stop all sports for half a year.

Since about 4 months I increased my levels of training.
At the moment I m about 3 times a week in gym, mainly for usingthe treadmill. I enjoy listening to podcasts or tutorials while running.

Btw, I like running in the nature more, but I get sick , when it’s cold.

So additional 2 times climbing hall visits a week.

Of course it’s all about getting in motocross again, which I have paused now for over a year.

Ok, that’s my last fitness fight back story.

What is yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Here's my story (still in progress): EXECUTION - [PROGRESS THREAD] (24 y/o) Sick and cognitively impaired for 2 years... Doing the work anyway

Went from healthy, could hike 20 miles of mountains in a day, and mentally sharp to unable to walk more than 10-15 minutes, barely able to work, feeling terrible ever single day.

At my worst, I lost the ability to read because of my impaired short-term memory and could barely walk without being dizzy and nearly passing out.

This started in November 2021. I didn't make any actual progress until about 6 months ago. Still moving forward despite severe limitations. Healing very very slowly.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Last month or so, I suffered from a very bad acid reflux at my grandma's birthday dinner.

Food just wouldn't go down in my system.
I had to literally FORCE myself to throw up, or else I kept feeling like throwing up and stuck.

Got into such a panic that I got into hospital for an x-ray.

They just diagnosed me with constipation and gave me some fibre drink.
They noted my stomach was as hard as a rock.

I thought that previously I had done much to 'keep healthy' and blamed everyone else for not helping me to be fit...but eventually I realised there was always SOMETHING to be done to improve my health. No diet or exercise regime is perfect-- there will be something to touch up on.

And even if no one would accompany me to gym or buy me greens to eat...why not make myself healthy first?
Then I can go buy greens and exercise with others who don't have these things-- who might appreciate me better.

So I went and subscribed to a meal plan that provided healthy proteins with vege sides.

Loaded up on cucumbers, blueberries, tomatos, and others on a weekly basis.

Cut as much carbs as possible. Even when I chose protein-heavy meals, I do my best to avoid fried proteins.

Got more fibre drinks to continue to clear my constipation. I have been taking it daily except before days with important appointments..and will slowly scale them down to just a few days a week.

Practiced intermittent fasting...skipped breakfast and many dinners. If I did have to eat dinner, I kept it as simple as some eggs and cucumber.

Have been hitting the treadmill 3-4 days a week.
I just do a quick stroll for 40 mins- 1 hour...a mentor figure advised me to avoid sprinting like hell due to sudden deaths from cardiac issues faced even by young athletes.

Haven't found any gym buddy yet...so I just listen in on the Psalms in the background.

I haven't taken a blood test or weighed myself yet. But results did come.

The bloating in my stomach cooled down. I found my washroom rounds turning more frequent.
The acid reflux hasn't returned even though I went to a few big dinners recently with mentor-figures (with alcohol in the background).

I will stay vigilant and step up on the gym, especially when this Christmas season has me no choice but to relax the diet for the sake of loved ones.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
What’s your story about fighting yourself back to fitness after a negative impact?

That can be an accident, a desease, or anything else, what brought you down.

I ll tell you my last, where I m just about to fight back:

Had a prolaps in summer 2022, which forced me to stop all sports for half a year.

Since about 4 months I increased my levels of training.
At the moment I m about 3 times a week in gym, mainly for usingthe treadmill. I enjoy listening to podcasts or tutorials while running.

Btw, I like running in the nature more, but I get sick , when it’s cold.

So additional 2 times climbing hall visits a week.

Of course it’s all about getting in motocross again, which I have paused now for over a year.

Ok, that’s my last fitness fight back story.

What is yours?
Most of the forum has seen mine.

I do something everyday to remain active. I have walked about 250 miles in 2023 with a fake leg and intend to keep going. Vertical beats horizontal everyday. Of course I fight, why would I be my own worst enemy?

We all must remain ever vigilant about our overall health. Being proactive is far easier than recovery.

Good book: The Body Keeps the score.

Last edited:

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
After I finished high school, I split wood and got my sciatica and serious back pains.
Still, I managed to go all in calisthenics, and after 2 years I went from 59kg to 75kg (78k all-time high).

As I was training chaotical, I still got back pains because I was trying to impress myself/surpass myself every month. But since 2 years ago, I have been training for longevity/lowering pains and relative strength.

I am writing this as pain/this incident actually developed my body, the need for a stronger back to not feel pains and be able to lift and move free.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
My recovery story is not particularly glorious because it is entirely my fault. I began lifting heavy weights last year (170kg squat and 200kg deadlift), and my body was simply not prepared. Just four months prior, the heaviest I had ever squatted was 80kg. This rapid increase, coupled with the fact that I never used a belt or any support, caused my pelvic floor to twist.

Now, I am undergoing physiotherapy and focusing more on functional training, incorporating activities like pull-ups, runs, sprints, box jumps, etc. It has been enjoyable, but I miss lifting heavy.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
My recovery story is not particularly glorious because it is entirely my fault. I began lifting heavy weights last year (170kg squat and 200kg deadlift), and my body was simply not prepared. Just four months prior, the heaviest I had ever squatted was 80kg. This rapid increase, coupled with the fact that I never used a belt or any support, caused my pelvic floor to twist.

Now, I am undergoing physiotherapy and focusing more on functional training, incorporating activities like pull-ups, runs, sprints, box jumps, etc. It has been enjoyable, but I miss lifting heavy.
I injured my left wrist bench pressing double the amount of weights I used to. 3 months later, left the gym, and that wrist still hurts. Will go to a doctor in early January (The doctor's place is like 1 hour away, and I've been distracted in other things lately, which I'll update in my progress thread soon)

Still haven't bounced back up yet, but I know for a fact I will.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.