The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback needed

Entr6593

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 7, 2019
Heya!
I've come up with an subscription box idea and I need your perspective on this.
A box that involves items that help the client fight stress. Basically a stress-relief subscription box.
The items would be for example edible items, tutorials or products that help with stress.
This box has a big market in my opinion, stress is common among working people.

If you don't agree with me, let me know!

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you don't agree with me, let me know!

I don't agree, not because of the need you've identified, but I think subscription boxes have jumped the shark. I don't need a subscription for razors, for socks, for toothpaste, for deodorant, for shirts, for shoes... all of those subscriptions give me stress ... which would mean I would need another subscription box that tackles stress. LOL.

Just my opinion, and opinions aren't fact.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
what kind of items would be included

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
I think it has potential if you give it the proper hook and make it fun.

Also invest in an excellent professional copywriter.

FabFitFun surpasses $200 million in revenue as it hits million-subscriber milestone. At least one million people will be receiving the next FabFitFun box as the Los Angeles company surpasses $200 million in revenue and continues its run as one of the startups to watch in the Los Angeles tech community.

Entr6593

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 7, 2019
what kind of items would be included

I have to do some more research but the box would include a few food items that boost mood, some tips and tricks written down(for example Yoga instruction) and products to help with relaxing(small amounts of wine for example). Everything would be relieving stress.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
small amounts of wine for example

HAHAHA nice try, now pass the bottle mate!

Only joking :)
(Actually deep down i am not! Seriously, pass that bottle of wine! Mine is empty)

What would be very cool is if your put it all you relaxing, stress beating items in little tablet/pill shaped container and called it....

...(long pause for effect)...
...(long pause for effect)... "The Chill Pill"!!! That one is for free ;)

(Side note: My second glass of wine has totally chilled me out , plus I am a little tipsy, and apparently just unleashed my creative genius haha! )

No offence though matie, personally I still wouldn't subscribe to such a thing unless it had a healthy dose of alcohol and/or prescription (or controlled) substances in it.

Try to avoid doing what doctors have done for years and consider focusing on tackling the root causes of stress in daily life, instead of prescribing something to cover it up the effects.
I know you have aspects (e.g. yoga and meditation) in your proposed product. In my life I have no time for those types of things & I don't even have a family to look after.

Consider spending some time doing the research into what initiates stress and tackle one stress initiator at a time. If you have positive results you can build on that. Process is not easy, and to survive long term you may possibly need more than just a gimmick.

When I am negatively stressed, no happy box you are selling is going to fix that, thus the question remains, why did I get stressed? And how can I prevent that from happening again.

I do not mean to dishearten you OP, rather to steer you in a direction that can really help people. God speed Sir!

Entr6593

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 7, 2019
HAHAHA nice try, now pass the bottle mate!

Only joking :)
(Actually deep down i am not! Seriously, pass that bottle of wine! Mine is empty)

What would be very cool is if your put it all you relaxing, stress beating items in little tablet/pill shaped container and called it....

...(long pause for effect)... "The Chill Pill"!!! That one is for free ;)

(Side note: My second glass of wine has totally chilled me out , plus I am a little tipsy, and apparently just unleashed my creative genius haha! )

No offence though matie, personally I still wouldn't subscribe to such a thing unless it had a healthy dose of alcohol and/or prescription (or controlled) substances in it.

Try to avoid doing what doctors have done for years and consider focusing on tackling the root causes of stress in daily life, instead of prescribing something to cover it up the effects.
I know you have aspects (e.g. yoga and meditation) in your proposed product. In my life I have no time for those types of things & I don't even have a family to look after.

Consider spending some time doing the research into what initiates stress and tackle one stress initiator at a time. If you have positive results you can build on that. Process is not easy, and to survive long term you may possibly need more than just a gimmick.

When I am negatively stressed, no happy box you are selling is going to fix that, thus the question remains, why did I get stressed? And how can I prevent that from happening again.

I do not mean to dishearten you OP, rather to steer you in a direction that can really help people. God speed Sir!

Yeah I was thinking a healthy amount :)
But I have decided for a subscription box based on health care. This box would include items that boost the immune system and overall health. Every month would be a different approach to boost it.

What do you think?

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Yeah I was thinking a healthy amount :)
But I have decided for a subscription box based on health care. This box would include items that boost the immune system and overall health. Every month would be a different approach to boost it.

What do you think?

What I would recommend though is whatever you do wrt. these subscription boxes (and it doesn't matter if it is a socks, chocolate or coffee subscription service), is to start your process by doing the appropriate research and become a GOD of nutrition (or socks, chocolate or coffee, whatever). At the same time, start an online blog/website & describe your findings in your own words pulling upon multiple sources, back it up with evidence and start generating followers. That costs you nearly nothing but your time.

Side note: I Actually I just inadvertently helped myself by helping you - F*cking great idea B, thanks! Your welcome!

Without a healthy dose of similar minded followers and new subscribers who are free to comment and ask questions about your postings, then how can you ever decide what the market wants every month?
No body wants a open some mystery box to find a pack of FDA approved vitamin pills, a stick of broccoli and a yogurt.
You need to hit the ongoing trend of natural, organic and healthy or start a new trend e.g. a western approach to Chinese/Mongolian witch doctor medicine(?).

Personally it just seems like your proposal is such a loose concept based only on thin air. Sorry but you did change your mind in less than 24 hours :hilarious:

My advice, go do your homework and really see for yourself what your competition is doing and ask yourself truthfully, "can I even compete". Most of my health Gurus are actually Doctors whom I can understand and somewhat trust due to the way they approach biological health issues and remedies.

Lastly and most importantly:
A pretty good indication of a CENTS worthy idea is, when you finally identify a gap and see a massive market you can bring value to, you will wanna keep that shit to yourself instead of posting your idea here for the world to see.

Go out into the world, find out what people really need or want and bring it to them. The world tells you what it needs, not you telling the world what you think it needs.

Side Note: If you havent found Andy Black on this forum, then I suggest you swallow every piece of information he has posted here and then some.

Good luck further

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.