The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback Idea/Website

Idea threads

Emiljasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2018
Hey guys,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this thread! I would like to ask you guys to provide me with some feedback about my website and maybe some tips/hints how to grow further. A while ago, I recognized a problem: people tend to have problems with islamic praying when they were not arabic themselves ( the language that muslim people pray in). Especially converted muslims and children of people that were not raised with this language, struggled with reciting prayer in the 'correct' way. I decided to make a prayer rug, where the instructions are written on in latin alphabet and you can just recite what is written on the rug.
The first week, due to instagram marketing ( friends and their friends shared my page), I managed to have a total of 20 sales. My conversion ratio is 2,47%, which is a little bit less than average(?). Now I am a little bit stuck, I am thinking about investing money in marketing, throughout social media channels like Facebook and Instagram, but I am not sure whether this is the right choice. Going to mosques and advertise my product their by hanging a poster is something that I am planning to do right after my exams (yeah, still in school).
Maybe you guys could just check out my page and give me feedback about whether it is clear to you or anything that you would like to share. I am very willing to hear. The website link: www.learnsalat.com

Thank you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Looks very nice, why don't you have an Instagram or FB button anywhere to click?

I would suggest doing some live streams and doing some prayers with your target audience, then at the end you can make an offer to purchase the rug.

Also adding some more content for people that click your page, things to read & some education resources about the religion, how to convert etc.

More pictures of the rug itself and a demonstration video would be awesome to.

Good luck!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
1) I checked out your Instagram. Instead of posting about your rug, you should be reposting Islamic memes and quotes, as well as songs and stuff.

2) To get more reach, probably reach out to those Islamic channels on youtube where they post Islamic songs and check if they can offer a paid shoutout.

3) But above all, is there a need for this rug though? You said "people tend to have problems with islamic praying when they were not arabic themselves". But how many people fall into this category? And out of these, how many would actually buy this product? And last but not least, would these same people feel it's more sincere if they learn the hard way of praying instead of relying on this? I actually feel most people would rather learn the difficult way of memorizing the verses than to buy the rug.....

Emiljasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2018
1) I checked out your Instagram. Instead of posting about your rug, you should be reposting Islamic memes and quotes, as well as songs and stuff.

2) To get more reach, probably reach out to those Islamic channels on youtube where they post Islamic songs and check if they can offer a paid shoutout.

3) But above all, is there a need for this rug though? You said "people tend to have problems with islamic praying when they were not arabic themselves". But how many people fall into this category? And out of these, how many would actually buy this product? And last but not least, would these same people feel it's more sincere if they learn the hard way of praying instead of relying on this? I actually feel most people would rather learn the difficult way of memorizing the verses than to buy the rug.....

Thanks a lot Xeon! to answer your question:
Good feedback! The prayer rug should mainly be used in the beginning phase of learning prayer, so lets say that they use the product the first five times and after that they can go without. When talking with people about this product and gathering feedback, I discovered that a lot of people did know how to pray, but the small details in prayer were forgotten often. Also, it is a way to encourage people to start, because it is more convenient to them.

Once again, thank you for your time and response.

Emiljasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2018
Looks very nice, why don't you have an Instagram or FB button anywhere to click?

I would suggest doing some live streams and doing some prayers with your target audience, then at the end you can make an offer to purchase the rug.

Also adding some more content for people that click your page, things to read & some education resources about the religion, how to convert etc.

More pictures of the rug itself and a demonstration video would be awesome to.

Good luck!

Thank you Sparechange! Posting content about religion etc. is a good one, maybe this will grant my page with visitors and authenicity! I will add the Instagram button really soon, on Facebook I am not that active.

Have a great day!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
When the website is scrolled all the way up, I cannot click the message button. On Android mobile Pixel 3.

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
Maybe you guys could just check out my page and give me feedback about whether it is clear to you or anything that you would like to share.

1) When you click on the Buy Now button you should add it to the cart and take them to the cart, don't take them to the product page. It is that double opting-in that may have some people drop off.

2) Sales counters are kinda scammy.

3) The charities you support show be laid out and not in a slide.

4) You are a one-page store, I would just remove the add to cart button, it is another barrier that people could drop off from.

5) You are pushing the charity a bit much. I like the story that people who don't speak Islamic, that is really a need and if you could bundle that with a real story, like a friend that wanted to learn. Then that would capture more people than charity.

Overall I think this a good idea and fills a niche, that I haven't heard about but I am not Muslim so maybe I just haven't been exposed.

Just my 0.02

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Jaw dropped that people actually buying it. Seems you are onto something.

The only thing i would suggest to change is the domainame for something less generic (and keep existing one for, who knows, maybe app that will teach people to learn Islamic prayers).
my 0.02

Emiljasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2018
Is your primary audience in Europe? Is that why the default currency is euros?
Sorry for the late reply. Was busy with exams. Yes, indeed: my target group is in Europe ( because of the shipping costs etc.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.