I decided against my better judgement to write a post on Reddit to explain what I had done to get out of depression and to get my life in order.
If you don't know me or/and haven't read my intro, I traveled quiet extensively before and moved to Japan and Australia with a suitcase and few thousands dollars in my pocket in order to start a new life and discover what I wanted to do with my life.
I wrote the post because for the last few days, I had seen a number of post by people who went like this:
I am a male between 18 to 25, I have severe depression, no friends , no life, no job, no money and I spend my days playing video games in my room and w*nking. What can I do to get out of this?
So I thought I would share what worked for me. That is, basically, saving some money for a few months, buying a plane ticket and move to Japan first then later on to Australia. I explained that doing this helped me overcome my shyness and other fears and was the equivalent of a wake up call or a giant kick in the a$$ that I did not know I needed.
Well, the results were quite interesting to say the least.
About 1/4 of the comments were from people who had done some traveling and explained that they felt the same way, that traveling helped them figure out what they wanted to do that they became more mature and responsible and had to overcome many obstacles but that the experience was worth it.
The rest of the comments could be classified in a few categories:
- The privilege category: look at this guy able to buy a plane ticket, I can't afford anything and this rich f*uck is parading in front of me with his money
- The scared category: what about if you cant learn the language, find a job, feel alone, cant talk to your mom, dad , brother sister everyday? What if people are mean?
- The mans-planning category: another guy who thinks he has it all figured out, knows everything and comes here to give us his infinite wisdom
- The climate crazies: look at all the carbon dioxide this guy produced just to find himself
I though for a while about responding to each and everyone who commented but but then I realized it would be useless. These people unfortunately don't want to hear any opinion that doesn't conform with their view of the world.
That made me realize that it is the same in business. A thousand things can go wrong and will go wrong at some point, but if you don't try, you won't know. Fear can and will hold you back from trying things in your life or in your business.
It's not about being a reckless person, it's about making calculated decisions that could yield enormous personal and /or financial gains.
So don't be afraid try something new today, at worst you fail and your learn something, at best you succeed and you gain something as well.
This is a personal journey and as seen by the result of my post, it cannot be forced upon anyone. People have to come to their own conclusions and start seeing that things can change. You life can change if you take the matter in your own hands and start putting in the work to get to where you want to be.
Good luck out there, you got this.
If you don't know me or/and haven't read my intro, I traveled quiet extensively before and moved to Japan and Australia with a suitcase and few thousands dollars in my pocket in order to start a new life and discover what I wanted to do with my life.
I wrote the post because for the last few days, I had seen a number of post by people who went like this:
I am a male between 18 to 25, I have severe depression, no friends , no life, no job, no money and I spend my days playing video games in my room and w*nking. What can I do to get out of this?
So I thought I would share what worked for me. That is, basically, saving some money for a few months, buying a plane ticket and move to Japan first then later on to Australia. I explained that doing this helped me overcome my shyness and other fears and was the equivalent of a wake up call or a giant kick in the a$$ that I did not know I needed.
Well, the results were quite interesting to say the least.
About 1/4 of the comments were from people who had done some traveling and explained that they felt the same way, that traveling helped them figure out what they wanted to do that they became more mature and responsible and had to overcome many obstacles but that the experience was worth it.
The rest of the comments could be classified in a few categories:
- The privilege category: look at this guy able to buy a plane ticket, I can't afford anything and this rich f*uck is parading in front of me with his money
- The scared category: what about if you cant learn the language, find a job, feel alone, cant talk to your mom, dad , brother sister everyday? What if people are mean?
- The mans-planning category: another guy who thinks he has it all figured out, knows everything and comes here to give us his infinite wisdom
- The climate crazies: look at all the carbon dioxide this guy produced just to find himself
I though for a while about responding to each and everyone who commented but but then I realized it would be useless. These people unfortunately don't want to hear any opinion that doesn't conform with their view of the world.
That made me realize that it is the same in business. A thousand things can go wrong and will go wrong at some point, but if you don't try, you won't know. Fear can and will hold you back from trying things in your life or in your business.
It's not about being a reckless person, it's about making calculated decisions that could yield enormous personal and /or financial gains.
So don't be afraid try something new today, at worst you fail and your learn something, at best you succeed and you gain something as well.
This is a personal journey and as seen by the result of my post, it cannot be forced upon anyone. People have to come to their own conclusions and start seeing that things can change. You life can change if you take the matter in your own hands and start putting in the work to get to where you want to be.
Good luck out there, you got this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
