The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane MUST READ Article – How to Get into Any Industry

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Great article. I always find it funny how people seem to like Tim Ferris and the work he doesn't, but don't buy into the "4 Hour Workweek" mentality. Mentors of mine have been almost repulsed by this idea, and I'm sensing it at the end of the article here.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
FYI, the real author this article is Michael Ellsberg. His book (which was just released today) is about how self-made millionaires (and billionaires) educated themselves, pulling from 40 interviews he did. The book is called "The Education of Millionaires". I'll be reading that after Toilet Paper Entrepreneur.

lleone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 7, 2011
New York
Thanks for sharing. It's really a great article and a lot of it does work from experience.
Just a matter of picking a field where the law of effection works.

Definitely agree with SHHDlove as well, 4 hours a week definitely will not cut it especially when you're first starting out. Tim Ferris is probably a work-a-holic and has put in endless hours in promoting what he does.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

deSeingalt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 16, 2011
Exactly what I was looking, after reading it, it actually reaffirmed my "game plan"
I will be getting into sales soon and will open my blog like I always wanted to. Great read, makes me feel good that I am on track.

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
FYI, the real author this article is Michael Ellsberg. His book (which was just released today) is about how self-made millionaires (and billionaires) educated themselves, pulling from 40 interviews he did. The book is called "The Education of Millionaires".

Just checked it out on amazon, and it sounds interesting. However I found it odd that it was published the 29/9 and already gotten 19 top reviews, and some even told they erad it after being recomended by others.
Am I missing something here, is this a second edition?

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
Ditto on deSeingalt's reply. I was having thoughts about how to build a bridge over to the other side where the Superstars are at, especially taking into serious consideration Eben's advice on 'making a commitment to only spend time with Superstars on various industries' in order to begin building and speeding up my own personal growth towards the fastlane.

I've always seen people who got jobs and business deals that they would have otherwise if not for some friends of friends.

Great sharing! Thumbs!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.