The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Golf Lessons

SpeedRacer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 16, 2011
If you putt short, you have 0% chance of putting it in the hole. Aim beyond the the target.

You can't buy a swing with golf books, DVDs, golf aids, or new equipment.

You want a teacher/coach who knows how to golf, and knows how to teach/coach, and is in-tune with your learning style and responsive to your feedback.

Knows the rules, and play by the rules. Cheating may give you a better score today, but if caught, your cheater reputation will stick with you tomorrow.

Assess the reward to risk of your shot options. Does it make sense to get the extra 20 yards with your driver and risk a slice into the water?

Understand how the golf swing works, and how your own swing differs from the ideal. Then you'll know how to change your swing closer to the ideal.

Don't put yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage by playing with 20 year old golf clubs.

Continue learning about the game of golf, and about you playing golf, whether it comes from books, watching the pros, or playing with others.

Be mindful of what you think while playing. Negative thoughts oftentimes lead to poor swing outcomes.

Unexpected bad events happens on a golf course. Let it pass, or else it will impact the rest of your game negatively.

Enjoy a well hit ball, long putts that go in, and the walk down the fairway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you sir may I have another!

Will-Smith-The-Legend-of-Bagger-Vance.2.jpg

SpeedRacer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 16, 2011
There's something about golf that allows reveals personality attributes that aren't readily apparent at work, both in myself, and in others. One thing is for certain for me: if a prospective partner / vendor / employee knowingly cheats on the golf course, I would think twice before handing them the keys to my lamborghini.

SpeedRacer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 16, 2011
That brings to mind another thought, also applicable to the Fastlane mindset ... if you play golf, then you are my friend.

jbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Oct 21, 2010
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to remember them on my golf trip to Scotland next week. ;) I totally agree with leaving the putt short. I've been trying to get the ball to the hole every time. Just have to be prepared for some 3 putts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.