The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Food

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Feed your imagination.

With so many culinary delights in the world, what is your favorite food to keep you operating at fast speeds?

My vote.

Home made Spaghetti Bolognese with a dash of Tabasco - to me it's the perfect all rounder, always has been, always will be! :thumbsup:

spagbog.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
That sounds lethal, but tasty.

I'm going to have to make that!

Here's a pic for anybody wondering what Penne ala Vodka is

vodka.jpg

G

GuestUser8117

General tao chicken
Sushis
Mushroom papardelle
Pad thai with shrimp
Surf and turf

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Only a limited amount of carbohydrates for me, i.e. small portions of pasta max. once a week as a starter.
Two slices of bread a day.
Hardly any sweets. I may eat an ice cream once or drink a glass of a soda drink once a month.
In my opinion sugar (apart from the natural sugars in some fruits) is the biggest enemy for our health.

I eat lots of fish (e.g. salmon, herring, mackerel), sushi, stir fried vegetables, salads, avocados (approx. 1/2 per day) and fruit.
The avocado is eaten as a snack when I get food cravings between meals.
I do a lot of sports, never been overweight in my life and feel physically very fit.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
You can't get high performance from one single favorite meal. I adjusted my diet to achieve both physical and mental performance and I think I found a great way to do this.

I'm using Carb Nite so zero carbs for me except saturday afternoon until I go to bed. I combine this with the bulletproof diet guidelines, so only highest quality food plus a couple of supplements.

On my low carb days I usually drink bulletproof coffee in the morning (500ml coffee, 100g kerrygold butter and 30ml MCT oil). At lunch I have some ground beef with either a salad with MCT oil dressing or some vegetables, which I prepared the evening before. For dinner usually the same as for lunch. I mix the kind of meat and vegetables to get some rotation.

I'm in the gym every day (5 days strength, 2 days cardio). I have some BCAAs and L-Glutamine before training and after my strength sessions I have a post-workout shake with protein-isolate and creatin monohydrate. On saturdays I add 50-100g of maltodextrin (pure carbs) to the shake to start my carb nite.

During carb nite I stuff myself until I want to puke. Burgers, pizza, cookies, potato chips. Everything "bad" (600-800g of high-glycemic carbs) you can imagine. Then I fall asleep and start the new week's cycle.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Some of you guys seem pretty serious about what you eat.

I guess I've been lucky in that up until recently I've been able to eat pretty much anything I like without weight gain consequences.

Nowadays I do put weight on, but due to my work (construction) I can keep myself fit to a certain degree.

As bad as it sounds, I do like a macdonalds once every couple of months! :)

We also eat tons of oysters and seafood in this part of the world, esp in the summer.

plateau fruits de mer.jpg

I think people living near the coast in the States like seafood as well???

I look forward to visiting America one day, perhaps see my uncle who lives in Denver.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Some of you guys seem pretty serious about what you eat.

We also eat tons of oysters and seafood in this part of the world, esp in the summer.

View attachment 5631

Alty, that is a goodlooking, healthy, asiette de fruits de mer.:)
Even though I just had my breakfast my mouth starts watering.

IMHO the key to becoming and staying healthy is avoiding sugar.

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
I don't really have particular meals, anything with good carbs + protein will do for my regular meals. Breakfast is the same every day, 3 weetabix + a protein shake. I also avoid eating fatty/high sugar foods too often, though I probably don't do as well as I should on that front - they're a huge weakness for me :p I'm in great shape to be fair though, training six days a week (sometimes multiple times a day) so the junk I do eat gets burned off real quick

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
... because i'm budgeting and moving out of town and starting a new job... $1 mcdoubles and panera/starbucks tea is what it is for me. and bananas. lots of them.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Well my wife and I tried 4 hour body last year for a few months and figured out it wasn't for us so we combined the paleo diet with the 4 hour body and did that for a year along with starting cross fit. Building my business over the last 4-5 years I let myself gain weight and get out of working out. But I'll tell you about the new lifestyle change we've made that we're sticking with because it allows us to eat healthy and stay at optimal performance (the 4 hour body left us feeling tired constantly).

We're doing the Virgin diet (hate to use that word because anything you stick with is a lifestyle not a temporary diet) so it eliminates: gluten, dairy, sugar, corn/corn products, soy, and peanuts (you eliminate eggs during the first 21 days, but we it's the only one of the list we reincorporated). I'm personally happier, healthier, and more energized following this eating plan.
- we also eat things that are natural, organic usually, and unprocessed. Just read the ingredients and you'll know if it's processed really quickly.

We also take notes from the Bulletproof lifestyle.

So for example a day might be:

- Pure steel cut oats with cinnamon and fresh fruit on top
- bulletproof coffee
- VegaONE protien shake after crossfit
- a small snack of nuts (cashews, pistachios, almonds)
- Dinner varies, but last night we did zucchini sauteed with rib-eye steak cutlets (cooked with a bit of kerrygold butter (a good fat))

We still have a cheat meal once a week which we borrowed from 4 hour body for our date night so we can go out together but honestly we don't vary from our normal diet too much on cheat meal save for a piece of bread or some cheese.

Doing crossfit 4 times a week plus this has started to show great results, making my body fastlane as well ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.