Long time no see all, it's been a while! Today I'd like to tell you all one of my first real failures. A failure I've learned much from, do not regret having, but one that I will never fall back to again. Live and learn!
Many months ago I've read many books such as MFL, 4HWW, and Miracle Morning. As we all know, there is no going back, once you've read a book such as MFL. Something that originally hit so hard in the face is ALWAYS on your mind; I'll always have MJ to thank for this permanent wake-up call.
Since reading motivational books, I (in-turn) had a immense motivational spike. My determination was off the charts, and I wanted to do nothing but educate myself on business, market, copy, brainstorming, coding, and turning ideas into reality. Aside from business I would work out, jog, eat healthy, and wake up at 5am everyday to get ahead. I was an optimistic powerhouse that nothing could stop.
Fast forward a bit later: I get a new full-time job position where I get to work out of my house. My hours are all screwed up (working 5pm till 130am, then 9am till 530pm, then 1pm till 930pm). Living with the parents, their everyday problems become my added stress, but I'm not in any position to move out yet. I'm eating more food, drinking (rolo) hot chocolate all the time, and sitting down in front of my Computer's three screens for the majority of my day, week after week. Working, playing games, working, leveling my online videogame character, etc.
For a bit longer than two months - I ended up falling into a malicious pool of glutton, depression, stress and MMORPG games. I explore this old and familiar world of laziness and solitude that I sought comfort in years prior. However, a bit less than a week ago, I turned 22. I blew the candles out, and came to realize that it won't be long before I'll be 23, 24, 25". I knew I was blowing my life away. The difference this time, compared to years before, was that I KNEW I was blowing it away, and KNEW what I wanted to do with my life. This is that permanent wake-up call telling me that I failed, but also learned a valuable lesson. Move on, and never set back in that direction again, not only because I shouldn't, but because I don't want to. Looking back to the way I felt, acted, and ate these past two months; it's pathetic. I can only laugh about it now, but it's certainly one of my first major failures inevitable in the Fastlane journey.
I sort of saw it coming. Sure I can read about the proper path to take, and obtain powerful knowledge, but applying it seriously to your own life takes discipline and power. If you do not mold your life in proportion to where you want to be; you WILL break. How do I expect to run a company, if I can't even run myself?
If you ever find yourself in the same position, just know that you're not alone. Take a major failure, and turn it into a positive growth experience. Each failure learned from, is a step toward becoming better, and reaching the ultimate version of yourself.
It's good to be back.
-A
Many months ago I've read many books such as MFL, 4HWW, and Miracle Morning. As we all know, there is no going back, once you've read a book such as MFL. Something that originally hit so hard in the face is ALWAYS on your mind; I'll always have MJ to thank for this permanent wake-up call.
Since reading motivational books, I (in-turn) had a immense motivational spike. My determination was off the charts, and I wanted to do nothing but educate myself on business, market, copy, brainstorming, coding, and turning ideas into reality. Aside from business I would work out, jog, eat healthy, and wake up at 5am everyday to get ahead. I was an optimistic powerhouse that nothing could stop.
Fast forward a bit later: I get a new full-time job position where I get to work out of my house. My hours are all screwed up (working 5pm till 130am, then 9am till 530pm, then 1pm till 930pm). Living with the parents, their everyday problems become my added stress, but I'm not in any position to move out yet. I'm eating more food, drinking (rolo) hot chocolate all the time, and sitting down in front of my Computer's three screens for the majority of my day, week after week. Working, playing games, working, leveling my online videogame character, etc.
For a bit longer than two months - I ended up falling into a malicious pool of glutton, depression, stress and MMORPG games. I explore this old and familiar world of laziness and solitude that I sought comfort in years prior. However, a bit less than a week ago, I turned 22. I blew the candles out, and came to realize that it won't be long before I'll be 23, 24, 25". I knew I was blowing my life away. The difference this time, compared to years before, was that I KNEW I was blowing it away, and KNEW what I wanted to do with my life. This is that permanent wake-up call telling me that I failed, but also learned a valuable lesson. Move on, and never set back in that direction again, not only because I shouldn't, but because I don't want to. Looking back to the way I felt, acted, and ate these past two months; it's pathetic. I can only laugh about it now, but it's certainly one of my first major failures inevitable in the Fastlane journey.
I sort of saw it coming. Sure I can read about the proper path to take, and obtain powerful knowledge, but applying it seriously to your own life takes discipline and power. If you do not mold your life in proportion to where you want to be; you WILL break. How do I expect to run a company, if I can't even run myself?
If you ever find yourself in the same position, just know that you're not alone. Take a major failure, and turn it into a positive growth experience. Each failure learned from, is a step toward becoming better, and reaching the ultimate version of yourself.
It's good to be back.
-A
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
