The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fall Trip to Europe!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
So we've finally booked our airfare for our Fall trip to visit Adi's family in Bulgaria. In order to get the best airfare and make this more of a trip, we decided to fly into Venice and will have an extra day on arrival and departure to tour the city.

We chose Venice for a few reasons, namely it was the cheapest city to fly to Sofia via one of the low-cost European airlines(WizzAir- $145 RT total for the both of us, so $72/ea), in addition we got tickets via Iberia from ORD/VEN for $568/ea and finally it's somewhere we've always wanted to go. Only issue is that it'll be the end of Oct so not sure whether or not we'll be able to do a gondola tour.

Now we have to arrange for accommodations and transport as the airport that WizzAir flies from is about 20 miles outside of Venice and although we don't require 4 star accommodations, we're debating whether to do a couch-surf, home-stay or hostel. The hostels I stayed in before were hit or miss, in fact the one in Modena was decent and the one in Rome, despite having high ratings on hostelworld, I neglected to actually read the reviews and found that it was under construction and was hands down the worst place I've ever stayed, in comparison to the best one, which was Heart of Gold in Berlin and cost $12/night and somehow only had average ratings on HW :huh2:

Anyone with experience in couch-surfing or doing a 1-3 day home-stay have any advice?

Also, any ideas for sightseeing in Venice? We're typical tourist-trap travelers who'd also like to maybe check out a few spots off the beaten path.

One of goals/motivators for our fastlane success is to take several such trips each year which will of course require having more than the customary 2 week/yr vacation time, all the more reason to achieve financial independence :coolgleamA:

And oh yea, ideally once we have our business up and running we can use some of Jill's tactics to travel in style for cheap(or free), although I do love the hostel experience and don't mind flying coach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.