The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Face it. The only way to make passive income for average guys is inventing.

Assertion
G

Guest6x3pod4

Alibaba wholesale, Saturated.

Software, Tricky.

Retail arbitrage, Dead.

Drop shipping, Lie.

Now I don't mean inventing like experimenting with the hottest new bio-chem discoveries or trying to change the way we fuel vehicles. I mean finding simple ways to make things better, verifying you can afford to make these changes ON YOUR OWN, and growing a pair of balls and learning how to sell it NOT LICENSE (scam).

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

Software, Tricky.

Retail arbitrage, Dead.

Drop shipping, Lie.

Now I don't mean inventing like experimenting with the hottest new bio-chem discoveries or trying to change the way we fuel vehicles. I mean finding simple ways to make things better, verifying you can afford to make these changes ON YOUR OWN, and growing a pair of balls and learning how to sell it NOT LICENSE (scam).

Thoughts?

Also, here is a video on the topic.
You're preaching to the choir here. This isn't a grand revelation hahaha

To be clear as an inventor/designer myself, this is not the ONLY way to do things, but it is certainly one of the fastest pathways to success. It's even better if you already have a background in engineering or science.

We have a thriving community of product designers and inventors here, and we have a virtual meeting bi-weekly. You should stop by if you're interested in inventing things.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I mean finding simple ways to make things better, verifying you can afford to make these changes ON YOUR OWN, and growing a pair of balls and learning how to sell it NOT LICENSE (scam).
Also, licencing is a valid pathway and has made people millions. You don't know what you're talking about.

G

Guest6x3pod4

Also, licencing is a valid pathway and has made people millions. You don't know what you're talking about.
Thats awesome. Can you connect me with a person like that? I need a guest like that on our show because we keep finding that the average guy/gal "can't disclose" which is loosely translated to "got got"

G

Guest6x3pod4

To be clear as an inventor/designer myself, this is not the ONLY way to do things, but it is certainly one of the fastest pathways to success. It's even better if you already have a background in engineering or science.

We have a thriving community of product designers and inventors here, and we have a virtual meeting bi-weekly. You should stop by if you're interested in inventing things.
I'd love to get to know you guys better! I've successfully brought a product to market myself. I love the process and interviewing inventors.

G

Guest6x3pod4

How can I join the discussion?

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
How can I join the discussion?
We have a thread:
MEETUPS - Inventor's Virtual Meetup
Thats awesome. Can you connect me with a person like that? I need a guest like that on our show because we keep finding that the average guy/gal "can't disclose" which is loosely translated to "got got"
Actually, this usually means they signed an NDA.
I'd love to get to know you guys better! I've successfully brought a product to market myself. I love the process and interviewing inventors.
Always great to meet new people that are interested in this stuff, just keep in mind that the virtual meeting and our community should not be used for generating leads and we don't take kindly to being patronized. It's a very open discussion.

G

Guest6x3pod4

We have a thread:
MEETUPS - Inventor's Virtual Meetup

Actually, this usually means they signed an NDA.

Always great to meet new people that are interested in this stuff, just keep in mind that the virtual meeting and our community should not be used for generating leads and we don't take kindly to being patronized. It's a very open discussion.
Awesome. Thanks for the help and I will be there. Again, if you can connect me with someone who can help other inventors with a successful licensing story I would love to speak to them.

Ahh yes NDA's. Like a-holes. Anyone who has witnessed an NDA litigation knows they are all junk. I have my ways around that.

Regarding the meeting. I am super interested. Really just there to listen.

I'm glad you guys are talking about bringing inventions to market. That's the point these scammy "we will get you licensed" charlatans will hide from inventors... It's not worth d*** unless you have proven it on the market.

I just spoke with a trade show exhibitor who broke down how to find the perfect trade show and she really demystified inventors fears and reservations around them.

Great stuff, see you soon!

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
investing
Mate he's talking about inventing.

To create something new that improves a life or makes something more convenient.

It's probably the one of the most creative endeavors that you can do.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Mate he's talking about inventing.

To create something new that improves a life or makes something more convenient.

It's probably the one of the most creative endeavors that you can do.
oops that makes more sense. i should probably get to bed

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I make 'passive' income from child labour and tax evasion in a first world country.

No need to be fancy.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Software, Tricky.

Retail arbitrage, Dead.

Drop shipping, Lie.

Thoughts?

The F*ck?

This whole rant makes absolutely no sense.

First, do you know what passive income even means because none of the businesses you mentioned are passive.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Why is licensing a scam? I've known people that have licensed some weird products lol. Harder than it sounds though, for sure, but not a scam.

G

Guest6x3pod4

Why is licensing a scam? I've known people that have licensed some weird products lol. Harder than it sounds though, for sure, but not a scam.
More so referring to the "Invent help" and Davison type companies. "Give us 7K plus 12% of your royalties and we will get you licenses!"

Like bro, if there is really money for both of us to be made on my invention, why would you put a 7K barrier to entry? You should be paying me.

G

Guest6x3pod4

The F*ck?

This whole rant makes absolutely no sense.

First, do you know what passive income even means because none of the businesses you mentioned are passive.
Can you name some businesses or hustles that are truly passive? All I know is I work 2 hours a day watching my invention sell via multi- channel distribution but if you have something I'm all ears!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can you name some businesses or hustles that are truly passive?

Hate to break it to you: But any business can be made passive with the right employees and management.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Can you name some businesses or hustles that are truly passive? All I know is I work 2 hours a day watching my invention sell via multi- channel distribution but if you have something I'm all ears!

So is the definition of passive income to you, 2 hours of work a day? Because you say you are working 2 hours a day watching your invention sell. But your title says, "The Only Way To Make Passive Income For Average Guys Is Inventing" and that's what you did, but you still work 2 hours a day?

I have a couple of short term rentals that are 100% passive. My property manager handles everything. I get a report once a month. My ecommerce business runs on less than 2 hours a day work from me. My portfolio of stocks is paying me passively.

Your original post just doesn't make any sense.

You say, "Face it, The Only Way To Make Passive Income For Average Guys Is Inventing", And then you going on to name 3 things that have nothing to do with passive income.

Alibaba wholesale, Saturated. <-- these are all ecommerce and are in no way considered passive
Software, Tricky.
Retail arbitrage. Dead. <-- these are all ecommerce and are in no way considered passive
Drop shipping, Lie. <-- these are all ecommerce and are in no way considered passive

Honestly, I could have made a better argument for you.

"Face it, The Only Way To Make Passive Income For Average Guys Is Inventing"
Real estate, bad tenants destroying your property
Influencer, gotta keep making content and commandment of control, eventually becomes e-commerce
CDs, low returns due to no risk
E-commerce, capital and labor intensive at the start

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Initially I really didn't think much of the: User Power & Value/Post Ratio

But this thread highlights that it was an important improvement to the forum. A valuable shortcut to save readers valuable time.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
A disingenuous, edgy title, followed by a faux display at providing value only to try to draw attention and possibly snag a guest for his own podcast.

There's not really any reason to make a forum post in this tone. You yourself know the assertions you are making aren't necessarily true. The content doesn't match the assumed authoritativeness.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
After being considered a quality poster on this forum for over 10 years, I started an entrepreneurship podcast. I posted over 300 episodes, over ~3 years, of a podcast that was (and maybe still is) decently well loved around here. It wasn't for everyone, the onepreneur and freelance crowd in particular got nothing out of it.

Let me save you the trouble, TFLF isn't going to grow your podcast for you. I would say it's even harder when most of your readers are voting hard noise on the noise to quality spectrum.

I didn't get where you think this is going to go, and I had incredibly positive feedback and a decade track record.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Let me save you the trouble, TFLF isn't going to grow your podcast for you.

You all are now barking up the wrong tree; as soon as he discovered his cloaked promotional posts weren't going to work here (and he would be questioned about certain edgy takes) he asked for his account to be deleted, which I will honor tomorrow at the open of the business day.

It's a classic example of when someone doesn't come here to contribute or be part of a community, they come here and interact like it's a marketing channel.

And that's too bad as the guy definitely had some war stories to share.

Tip for new people on how to succeed here:

Community first.
Promotional second.

When you go promotional first and community second, you crash and burn.

For the record, several people reported his posts as spammy and indirectly promotional, I just stood by and watched.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Software, Tricky.

Retail arbitrage, Dead.

Drop shipping, Lie.

Thoughts?

Software tricky?

Yes, that's why most people don't do it. Valuable things are hard to build

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
he asked for his account to be deleted
Wow.

This was 10x sooner than I expected.

But I shouldn’t be surprised. The minute someone new starts here with “I’m ready to give back, just sign up for my mediocre newsletter, podcast or course” because it’s “free”… my antenna perks up.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck… yes, it’s a thin skinned wannabe content “creator” scam. Not the worst out there, but a waste of time nonetheless.

After being considered a quality poster on this forum for over 10 years, I started an entrepreneurship podcast. I posted over 300 episodes, over ~3 years, of a podcast that was (and maybe still is) decently well loved around here. It wasn't for everyone, the onepreneur and freelance crowd in particular got nothing out of it.

Let me save you the trouble, TFLF isn't going to grow your podcast for you. I would say it's even harder when most of your readers are voting hard noise on the noise to quality spectrum.

I didn't get where you think this is going to go, and I had incredibly positive feedback and a decade track record.

Kyle, the fact that he didn’t even know we have a thread with over 300 business shows, well loved by most here… what does that tell you?

He didn’t come here to give, like you did! He came here to take. It didn’t work. Wrong crowd.

Stil, this was a fast one. I thought he’d last at least another month or two …

I know you are history as of tomorrow… but for other readers, new entrepreneurs… the above makes no sense.

Passive income is when you don’t work and income keeps flowing your way. It’s stupid simple really.

Business that you own but is run by a hired CEO & team is passive. You just own stock. Like a public company on a stock market …

But here’s the thing, there is nothing passive about creating wealth. Building a start up. Scaling it 10x to a saleable business. Doubling down and 10x it again… and reaching that F*ck you money. Nothing passive about that.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
This attempt at using the forum as a marketing channel has not only failed - it backfired.

I will never watch this podcast.

Specifically due to this marketing stunt. It now has 0 credibility in my eyes.

Whenever someone comes to the forum and starts blasting us with their shit, it is as if they think we are a bunch of idiots ready to buy into whatever is being promoted.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.