The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Expired food safety app

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
You make a mobile app where the user can scan the food's barcode label, and it looks up how long the food is safe to eat past the expiration date. Might have to do as a PWA since Apple/Google might not want the legal risks.

Good for when you want to eat the last of your food, even if it recently expired, or might just taste funny.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sebastya

SEO Expert
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
You make a mobile app where the user can scan the food's barcode label, and it looks up how long the food is safe to eat past the expiration date. Might have to do as a PWA since Apple/Google might not want the legal risks.

Good for when you want to eat the last of your food, even if it recently expired, or might just taste funny.
How would you even know when that would be, though?

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
How would you even know when that would be, though?

There are already webpages that give general advice. If the UPC barcode could resolved to a general food type, then the general guideline could be used. It wouldn't have to be unique to the actual item, though it might appear to be. For example, Cheerios might resolve to a "grain cereal" and so might Oat bran.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
There is a place here that sells all kinds of food after the SELL BY: date. Most boxed food is good for up to a year after the sell by date. We saw it as we were driving by once and went in. It was kinda dirty so we got out of there. I'm not too good to be in a dirty place (I go dirt track racing) but it just wasn't for us. It's called Town Talk. Check it out, maybe it will help in what you are trying to do.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
What happens when a product lost its cold chain? How do you know something like that?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Can't be done mate.

Expired means expired.

Best before on the other hand you could do it for.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom