The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

European MeetUp

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
I am fortunate to live somewhere with great weather and open spaces (Fuerteventura, Canary Islands)
In 2021 I arranged to team offsite when I was working at a 1200 person org. It was spectacular!

I would like to arrange something else to build better connections with my fellow European Entrepreneurs

My plan is:

5 Days (7 days total as one arrival and one departure)
Limit of 10 people
Everything arranged and included (Food will be at restaurants + maybe a BBQ in the wild)
Min 1 activity per day (Beach, Surfing, Buggy Tour, Escape Room, Off Roading, Boat Ride, Hiking etc)
Min 1 Knowledge Share session per day (Someone from the group who is an expert on something will share)
Colab sessions (Working in groups to solve challenges we're facing)
Solo Working Sessions (So you can still build your business)

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

If you are interested in this, please respond here.

Once we have rough numbers I can do the calculations and start the ball rolling

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
If @Fox and @MTF come then we can transform this into a larger event!
Two TFLF Legends in the same place at the same time!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
I'm sorry but if it's on Fuerteventura then I'm not interested. It's my top1 most hated destination I vowed to never visit again lol.
Wow, that's some serious emotions - what happened?
I know you went to GC or Tenerife - but didn't realize you had a bad experience here!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Wow, that's some serious emotions - what happened?
I know you went to GC or Tenerife - but didn't realize you had a bad experience here!

I visited all of the islands last fall. Fuerteventura was by far the worst of them, and one of the worst destinations I've ever visited in the world.

Don't take this personally - this is my subjective opinion on the island.

Long story short:
  • Extremely ugly and depressing landscape. It made my depression symptoms twice as bad. The island looks like a rubble dump and I found it desolate, particularly with strong winds blowing almost all the time. I've been to other arid destinations like Oman or Arizona and they were so much nicer than Fuerteventura.
  • Most of the time wind ruins every experience. Unless you find a wind-protected spot, dining, surfing, swimming, hiking, etc. are all going to suck.
  • It's extremely overrated. The beaches aren't that spectacular, and who cares about the beaches if it's so windy you're cold by the time you get to the water. Surfing is terrible, too, with sharp reef, strong currents, windblown conditions all the time, crowds, sulfuric-smelling spots (tons of decaying seaweed everywhere), and being cold even if it's warm (because of the wind).
No place in the world has ever messed with my mind like Fuerteventura. As a person who loves the sun and warm weather I'd rather spend a few weeks in northern Europe in the winter than go back to the horrors of Fuerteventura.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you are soliciting and/or prospecting for a paid meetup, you need to pay for a MARKETPLACE ad. Your post has been modified.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
If you are soliciting and/or prospecting for a paid meetup, you need to pay for a MARKETPLACE ad. Your post has been modified.
Thanks, Was initially just gauging interest.
If there's enough to warrant the ad with actual details and amounts in there - will pay for one :)

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Sounds like an interesting idea, I was in Tenerife and Las Palmas last year for 4 months and kinda liked it, not a bad location where to do a mastermind.

Hit me up if you end up organizing it, I'd be interested in joining

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.