The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

EU ban on single-use plastic - opportunity or not?

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Hi, climate changes and eco friendly course moving faster and faster. From 3rd of July EU parliament banned following single-use plastic products: plastic cotton bud sticks, cutlery, plates, straws, stirrers, and sticks for balloons – as well as cups and food and beverage containers made of expanded polystyrene and all products made of oxo-degradable plastic.

I know that this law in some countries already exists. I would like to insights from people who are in ecouser-friendly products industry or countries that similar kind of rules are established.

Do you agree that this is massive market with huge demand and untill it will settle there will be massive damand of alternatives?

Share your thought!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hi, climate changes and eco friendly course moving faster and faster. From 3rd of July EU parliament banned following single-use plastic products: plastic cotton bud sticks, cutlery, plates, straws, stirrers, and sticks for balloons – as well as cups and food and beverage containers made of expanded polystyrene and all products made of oxo-degradable plastic.

I know that this law in some countries already exists. I would like to insights from people who are in ecouser-friendly products industry or countries that similar kind of rules are established.

Do you agree that this is massive market with huge demand and untill it will settle there will be massive damand of alternatives?

Share your thought!

Definitely. There is huge opportunity in this space. Anyone who can think of a smarter or better way to do something is going to win. With this type of policy in particular, everyone expects higher costs for these consumables. That leaves the window open wider for opportunity than it was before.

Go for it!

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Definitely. There is huge opportunity in this space. Anyone who can think of a smarter or better way to do something is going to win. With this type of policy in particular, everyone expects higher costs for these consumables. That leaves the window open wider for opportunity than it was before.

Go for it!
My first thought was to look for cheap eco-friendly single use items manufacturer in 3rd world country and get in competition business here in EU. Big concern is that I know this market is very competitive and my experience running this type of business is 0.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My first thought was to look for cheap eco-friendly single use items manufacturer in 3rd world country and get in competition business here in EU. Big concern is that I know this market is very competitive and my experience running this type of business is 0.
The only way to gain experience is to gain experience. You can do this.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
A lot of takeway containers I've been getting lately are compostable and although I have a compost pile and I like them, they tend to not work very well with anything 'wet'- dressings, soups, etc. A pain point is they don't stand up very well compared to single use plastics. There is definitely opportunity here.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
$0.01 a piece with large order

Now do what would Andy Black suggest:
Bid on:
Bio degradable straws

Make Adwords ad:
"Bio degradable staws"

Make website with headline:
Bio Degradable Straws

Put order button or phone number to contact you above the fold.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
A lot of takeway containers I've been getting lately are compostable and although I have a compost pile and I like them, they tend to not work very well with anything 'wet'- dressings, soups, etc. A pain point is they don't stand up very well compared to single use plastics. There is definitely opportunity here.
Where are you from?

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
$0.01 a piece with large order

Now do what would Andy Black suggest:
Bid on:
Bio degradable straws

Make Adwords ad:
"Bio degradable staws"

Make website with headline:
Bio Degradable Straws

Put order button or phone number to contact you above the fold.
Sounds simple working on validation of this model

D

Deleted85763

Share your thought!
I read about a company that was going to produce drinking straws that after use were edible! I think they had some flavors.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Sounds simple working on validation of this model
The good side of such business would be fact that its repetitive and rather large orders - restaurants or bars won't order 5 but probably 5000.

Bad side is that its very easy to do (so Entry commandment is violated).
Knowledge about doing adwords properly is slight advantage but that's as far as it goes.

What i think would be greater advantage, is getting orders offline - or getting into the door via online ad but later do it all over the phone or email and have bars buy from you directly.
Kind of building relationships.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!