Silent Kite
New Contributor
- Joined
- Dec 5, 2012
- Messages
- 9
Rep Bank
$75
$75
User Power: 33%
Hey everyone,
I read TMF a few months ago and it really got me thinking. I'm currently rereading it a second time and I have to say its pure genius.
I'm guilty of living on the sidewalk. I used to despise money because I saw it only as a system of debt, a slave machine, the process of time for money until you die. I've got no education and I work at a dead end job earning minimum wage. I spent the beginning of my adult life making excuses for myself. While its true I had poor guidance, a crappy childhood, and my whole family lives on the sidewalk, ultimately I am the only one responsible for me, and I am the only one that can make my dreams come true. This revelation was what led me to search for TMF, and I'm happy the book was able to expand on it with so many gems of wisdom. Now it's time to plan my escape...
I've starting keeping a ledger of all my expenses. I hate carrying cash, so I round each purchase on my card up to the next whole dollar. At the end of each month the change is transferred into my savings account.
Currently my expenses and monthly obligations are small, but so is my income. My work schedule varies from 24 - 40 hours a week. I've been visiting the library and working through a study book for the GED. With my current financial situation I qualify for a free ride at my local community college, provided I complete my GED.
Despite dropping out of school I'm academically capable and I learn very quickly. I'd like to merge into the slowlane and get off the sidewalk as soon as I can. Right now I have an opportunity to build up a little nest egg. I don't have much responsibility, so I plan on improving myself and my situation as much as I can until the circumstances change.
Once I've got some leverage I want to begin working on going fastlane.
So, Advice?
I live in a small town in Ohio. I'm not happy with my financial situation, but I don't want to get another job that drains me to the point of being a zombie when I get home. I'm currently time rich, money poor you could say.
Anyone know of some entry level (or close to it) jobs that I could break into and earn a bit more than what I am currently? Preferably without the mind numbing side effects?
I'm planning to attend school again as soon as I pass my GED, since it won't be costing me any money. I plan on speaking with an advisor at the college since I'm not sure which direction I want to go. I thought I'd test the waters here though. I'm interested in science and engineering, but I have a natural talent with people and I'm considering a business major for the fastlane potential.
I know this won't be easy, but I've got the guts and the passion.
Never give up!
I read TMF a few months ago and it really got me thinking. I'm currently rereading it a second time and I have to say its pure genius.
I'm guilty of living on the sidewalk. I used to despise money because I saw it only as a system of debt, a slave machine, the process of time for money until you die. I've got no education and I work at a dead end job earning minimum wage. I spent the beginning of my adult life making excuses for myself. While its true I had poor guidance, a crappy childhood, and my whole family lives on the sidewalk, ultimately I am the only one responsible for me, and I am the only one that can make my dreams come true. This revelation was what led me to search for TMF, and I'm happy the book was able to expand on it with so many gems of wisdom. Now it's time to plan my escape...
I've starting keeping a ledger of all my expenses. I hate carrying cash, so I round each purchase on my card up to the next whole dollar. At the end of each month the change is transferred into my savings account.
Currently my expenses and monthly obligations are small, but so is my income. My work schedule varies from 24 - 40 hours a week. I've been visiting the library and working through a study book for the GED. With my current financial situation I qualify for a free ride at my local community college, provided I complete my GED.
Despite dropping out of school I'm academically capable and I learn very quickly. I'd like to merge into the slowlane and get off the sidewalk as soon as I can. Right now I have an opportunity to build up a little nest egg. I don't have much responsibility, so I plan on improving myself and my situation as much as I can until the circumstances change.
Once I've got some leverage I want to begin working on going fastlane.
So, Advice?
I live in a small town in Ohio. I'm not happy with my financial situation, but I don't want to get another job that drains me to the point of being a zombie when I get home. I'm currently time rich, money poor you could say.
Anyone know of some entry level (or close to it) jobs that I could break into and earn a bit more than what I am currently? Preferably without the mind numbing side effects?
I'm planning to attend school again as soon as I pass my GED, since it won't be costing me any money. I plan on speaking with an advisor at the college since I'm not sure which direction I want to go. I thought I'd test the waters here though. I'm interested in science and engineering, but I have a natural talent with people and I'm considering a business major for the fastlane potential.
I know this won't be easy, but I've got the guts and the passion.
Never give up!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
