The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurial rejection, dealing with bad times

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
So, I was reading this book(The entrepreneur mind by Kevin Johnson) last night, and one chapter was explaining how entrepreneurs don't necessarily view their"negative" times as serious, and what I mean by that is the joke around and talk about it like a joke, and maybe its because people can only take so much rejections, and entrepreneurs take rejection after rejection, failure after failure, blow after blow. What are you're guys' most worsening things that happen to you in the entrepreneurial field? Has COVID affected some of your businesses? What did that impact teach you? Did you're businesses die or just suffer? if it wasn't COVID, what were some things that you think led to the impact?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Has COVID affected some of your businesses?

For the majority of entrepreneurs on this forum, CV19 did not hurt their business, for many, it helped.

What are you're guys' most worsening things that happen to you in the entrepreneurial field?

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me it would be producing a product that no one wanted.

G

Guest1413tpa

For the majority of entrepreneurs on this forum, CV19 did not hurt their business, for many, it helped.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me it would be producing a product that no one wanted.
That survey is very telling. I work FT as a Salesforce consultant and its been interesting to see how some businesses cut as soon as COVID hit. It was a reflection of how they operated...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I think the worst time was not having the vision and knowledge on how to plan your business activities other than simply “trying things to see if It works”.

It’s strange that business schools and self-help industry do not teach common sense things like providing value and solving problem.

Those old schools “7ps of marketing” were an era where everyone was offering more or less typical same stuff and the one who gets more business is the one who shout the loudest.

It is very disconnected with the Hyper -competitive marketwhere customers are empowered by reliable Information for free with a few swipe. Bullsheet do not last.

Cheaper better faster services, higher volumes for lower margin, wow your customers and obtain referrals through word of mouth rather than paid advertising leading to nowhere.....sometimes I wonder these days that the above are not just “good strategies today”, they seem to be the Only way that things could work these days.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Make it fun, I used to cold call people high as a kite on caffeine and troll the people that didn't buy (it was for a job that I got fired from) Had a ton of fun

People will always dish out rejection, the key is to find the people that support you, geeez just the other day I had someone call the cops on me, and another doofus told me to **** off, while dozens of people have expressed appreciation to me. It's all a game, make it a game and enjoy it... check out Grant Cardone's 10x book, its pretty good.

Even MJ has faced his own criticisms, this fastlane shit doesn't work! What a scam! People are generally stupid, ignore and move on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.