The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur Views Please!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry, not for a first post.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
Sorry, not for a first post.

Oh dear!

I thought USA was famous for freedom of speach!

I also thought this was a medium to reach the right minded inviduals who could evaluate my concept and give me the feeback im searching for.

Please tell me what you feel is more suitable for a first time post to i can think of something to fit your criteria.

Thanks

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It was a "checkout this site" post and give me your feedback. Usually I'm cool with that, but not as a first post. If ya'll want to see it, just let me know.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
Its a little more than that. The site i "advertsied" is not actually fully operational its a new concept for a small business idea that has been at the bak of my mind for a while.

Basically i have been a little sick over the past month which has left me with some time on my hands. To stop madness setting in i decided to see if i could get the idea on the road.

I wanted to use forums to commnicate with like minded people to see if what i am thinking is any good. The link was intended for feedback purpose only. I dont want to sell you guys anything, I just want to see if my idea is worth while and secondly if what i had done so far needs further work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Then this is a great learning opp, Scott
because success in this biz is all about selling your ideas.
It doesn't look like you were successful on this first attempt
(but then, few of us are).

Look at how you framed your "question"
and how you can improve upon it
to get the result you want.

If that really is to spam the site
(I hope it isn't),
then your approach is still wrong.
At least for this level of prospects.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
I do see where the moderator is coming from it was my first post and it could of been taken as spam, i think

But the fact is i am pretty sure this idea would not sell to 90% of the forums users. My money as not been made using the internet and it seems this site is frequented by a number of successful internet entrepreneurs. As the idea is in working development and i do not personally know any businessmen who have special knowledge in this area where else is a great place to start?

My previous experience has taught me great research is a solid base for a great business!

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
Oh dear!

I thought USA was famous for freedom of speach!

I also thought this was a medium to reach the right minded inviduals who could evaluate my concept and give me the feeback im searching for.

Please tell me what you feel is more suitable for a first time post to i can think of something to fit your criteria.

Thanks
yes it is but this is a forum. you don't have free speech on a forum you join. It is not a democracy, if the owner and/or administration of that forum do not want people talking about a certain subject then it will not be allowed.:seeya:

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
yes it is but this is a forum. you don't have free speech on a forum you join. It is not a democracy, if the owner and/or administration of that forum do not want people talking about a certain subject then it will not be allowed.:seeya:

Your right and it appears i am getting a tough education on the differences between internet and non-internet business!

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Wow. Welcome to the Fast Lane. You kinda got trounced, but don't feel bad. RussH tousled my hair when I was new (here), and I witnessed the hazing of BigMako too -- I think he made the error of telling a millionaire to "step up" and help him get rich.

Be humble and open, and you can learn a lot here. I have. Welcome.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
Thanks,

Ok i will start again and see if this goes down a little better, here goes...

My name is scott, i currently live in the UK and have two companies that both depend on the manufacture and import of products from China.

These companies are not internet based hence the reason for me using this forum.

The reason behind me signing up and posting is...

Through my contacts and experience i have repeatedly come across inexperienced businessmen who want to do business with the Chinese. The thing a lot of these people have in common is the following; they either do not know how to break into this market or secondly they attempt it and lose their money, sometimes thousands.

Now my experience has taught me many things.

How to spot dishonest suppliers

How to source and buy/maunfacture nearly any product you can think of

learn how to bridge the culture and language barriers in order to trade successfully.

I could go on! Basically i dont ever have a problem when sourcing and trading within China. Which leads me to how i got to this point.

As it has become simple and clear to me how to trade effectively every time i hear a story about someone getting conned i ask myself why. I kept thinking i could prevent it.

So recently i came down with pneumonia which meant i was pretty much bedbound. Unfortunatly my mind was still running full speed and i soon got sick of lying around waiting to get better.

This lead me to putting pen to paper and writing a kind of guide that i felt could help people to trade safely. The guide was aimed mainly at new comers but i have included some sections that could be useful to people of every level..... i hope!

As i mentioned earlier, i dont have web based selling marketing experience which is why i ended up coming here. This guide is nearly 8500 words long and i feel like i have a product an inexperienced importer would benifit from.

I learnt that a lot of you on here know what your doing so i (humbly) ask would anyone who knows what their on about look at my site/concept and tell me the following:

Is this a product people would want?

How can i best market it over the web?

Is my site lacking in any area that would prevent people from thinking it was worth it?

I have been on some other forums getting feedback but those places seem to lack people with credible experience. Their points raised have been valid so far and the site i plan to sell from has come along way since i put it online, but.... I still think i could very much benifit from people who have actually used the web to their advantage!

If anyone out there who has the experience im lookng for would kindly entertain my idea and give me the relevant feedback i would be very much greatful!

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Welcome Scott!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I admit, when I first saw your post before MJ, it seemed a little spamy. I apologize. For future reference on forums, when there is a welcome/introduction section, say hello there, and then move to another subforum for your questions.

Now, getting to what you need... From what I can remember (the link was only up for a bit), you're site reminded me of a parked page. Don't take this personal, I'm just trying to help with constructive criticism. You need a logo that creates impact at the top of the page. You need to restructure the body so that it makes up paragraphs. Make headlines with content following that speak to the user. Point being, move the paypal and other payment selection (or 1800#) up higher or to the side (different layout). The way it is now, no legitimate business traces show unless you scroll down. This is what originally gave me the spam impression.

I remember what I thought was an add on the right side, for phones. Again, I thought it was an add immediately, so try and convey the question of importing to the consumers first, and add details and pictures accordingly.

I'm no expert by any means, but thats my take from what I saw.

Do a search here for User Interface and study those principles.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
Hello,

Thanks for your review. I certainly agree with you! From what i learnt over the past few days that original site was pretty much useless!

I was directed to a very informing article that highlighted the errors of websites selling ebooks. I now realise my site ticked all the boxes for what people dont want to see.

It was especially frustrating for me to learn this when this is not was i am aiming to provide. I spent time compiling quality information and i dont want first impressions to ruin my hard work.

The site has been fully redesigned now and i hope its closer to representing a honest legitimate company.

I dont think im 100% there yet but i feel im a lot closer!

The next hurdle is placement and marketing, i really have no idea where to start!

Oh yes and any logo ideas would be great, that is not my strong point!

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
ok please look at:

http://www.buymystupidebook.com/

after reading it i realised my original page shared some of the points spoken about here that seem to get under the authors skin.

I took on board what has been written as i want to present an image that i can provide quality information.

Other people have also spoken to me about affiliate marketing. Is this a worth while option and where is a good place to start looking into it?

Google turns up a massive number of results on this subject but what signs show good from bad?

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
Ha ha! THAT was awesome!

:iagree: I swear, everytime I se a page that remotely resembles that I just close the tab. I don't even care what the product is about. I figure anyone who has a legitimate product would be smart enough to put at least some thought into their marketing, and those kinds of spam pages just reek of trying to lure in people too stupid to tell it isn't legit.

Thanks for the awesome link. I haven't laughed that hard in a while (This is my aircraft carrier. That's how I roll!!) Simply hysterical.

Welcome to the forums, Scott, and good luck with your venture. It sounds like you have a solid idea.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
Thanks, i would like to think the idea is a good marketable one so im glad i read the article.

It was funny and at the very least i hope i can avoid presenting myself like that!

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
I also liked how you took the criticism, listened to what people were saying, and came back with a new approach that generated some positive feedback. Facing adversity is a huge hurdle, and one that many people never overcome.

Speed++ for your tenacity!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.