The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entangled in Slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Nana Kwame

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 11, 2022
Hi guys
Great to be here.
My girlfriend is a typical slowlaner, whatever business idea I propose, she finds a reason and a way to discard it.All she care about is her job and me sticking to my job, no matter how hard I try to convince her.she hates reading too.I feel like quiting the relationship to pursue my entrepreneurial dreams though I love her
How do I go about this I’m confused

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
If your dreams are to be entrepreneurial and her goal is for you to be a slave to the rat race, you go with your dreams. Put your pedal to the middle and leave her coughing in your dust. NEXT.

D

DeletedUser84644

Hi guys
Great to be here.
My girlfriend is a typical slowlaner, whatever business idea I propose, she finds a reason and a way to discard it.All she care about is her job and me sticking to my job, no matter how hard I try to convince her.she hates reading too.I feel like quiting the relationship to pursue my entrepreneurial dreams though I love her
How do I go about this I’m confused
That's unfortunately a sacrifice you will have to make. If you and that said life partner are not align in your values and the way you and that other person think, then it pretty much means that you two are philosophically incompatible for one another. And that incompatibility will eventually lead into you two breaking up anyway at some point. It's better to end the relationship now that you realize this then to simply sweep it under the rug. Permanent partner compatability is not always guaranteed. People's desires and belief systems are in a constant flux of change, and if they are not changing in a mutually similar fashion, then it means it's time to end the relationship. Not because it makes the either of you two bad people, but because you guys are simply no longer compatible for each other. Life is too short to live on constant compromise and mediocrity. This is among one of the sacrifices you will have to make in order to position yourself in having the best odds at succeeding in entrepreneurship, otherwise, such things will serve as a distraction and deterrent from you doing what you know deep down inside of you of what you need to do. Do not learn that lesson the hard way. You can always find a much better, far more compatible gf later on, you've got time. Make the sacrifice now and stay focused. Good luck and avoiding reversing your decision in the event that she tries to guilt trip you into staying with her. Don't be a prick about how you plan to go about breaking up with her, but at the same time, be sincere about it. Because even in the event that you do succeed in entrepreneurship and have that same girlfriend who thinks the way she does, you end up risking have a relationship where it seems like she's with you more for the money than the love and intimacy that cones from it itself. It's also worth noting that she could be highly inclined to break up with you as you're in the process of building a company due to potentially how many sacrificial hours and time investment you would have to put in doing so. Just remember this: You have to live like no one else would now so that way you can live like no one else could later. If you are not prepared to make this sacrifice, then you should seriously consider whether you really want to be Unscripted badly enough as fast as possible. Otherwise, time will continue to not give a F*ck and will only teach you the lesson of what you truly really wanted the hard way. Do not wait until you grow old to find that out. Spend some time to think about it, but you must make a firm decision pronto, otherwise tine will make that decision for you, and trust me, you would much rather have yourself make that decision then to have time do so for you. Because time is one hell of an unrelenting mother F*cker that does not give an absolute F*ck about what you think or how you will feel, it will keep passing m and pressing on and on and on like a mother F*cker and never back the F*ck down. Just take it from Mr. Goggins himself:
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/GUhsAlQyJRc?feature=share

So whatever you decide to do with your life at the end of the day when it comes to any decision, making you sure that you are always doing it with the long term horizon in mind and that you have confidence that you made the right decision in terms of what will make you happy the most in the long term. Even if it means giving up the Unscripted life pursuit entirely. Cheers! ;)

D

DeletedUser84644

A bit late, but this reminded me of this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fblm8kFEZCk
That's not always a clear-cut answer. Sometimes they can both be equally not so easily replaceable. But still, you are always better off ditching the relationship, why? Simple. If you have to give up who you truly are deep down inside you in order to be with someone else romantically, then you are absolutely in the wrong relationship. That is why I never believe that it is a good idea to date while you're being an entrepreneur (because of gold diggers and the emotional pillars of manipulation that people can use against you). It's just not something that will work. It's like trying to mix water and oil with one another. The only exception to this is if you are like the Trottmans in the great rat race escape , but if not, then well, you will have to ditch the relationship. The moment you realize that you are no longer compatible with one another in a relationship is the moment that you need to break up and move on. Now let's say you've made it and are officially unscripted now, do you date someone who has a 9 to 5 or a person who's just as unscripted as you are? I'd say to do the latter. Why? Because again, it's like trying to mix water and oil with one another. It's extremely difficult to tell whether or not someone is genuinely with you for you, or your money. The only way to have the certainty that it's not for the money is if you date a person whose wealth / income is at a similar enough level to yours (If you both are already rich, there is much less of an incentive to stay together for financial reasons). And besides, I am willing to speculate that dating works a lot better between the rich dating among themselves then among the lower and middle class. Why? well because being at the financial pinnacle is an already lonely enough place (when it comes to friendships and family and stuff). If a rich person wants to be polygamous and not date so seriously, then well, that's where having a lot of money works to that rich person's favor. But now if the rich person wants to have a serious relationship on the other hand, then that's where they're the most likely to find one if the only date within their class and not outside of it b/c of how so few potential partners there are in the world for them to grab (Hence, it forces them to be a little less picky about their partner and such.) Essentially this would result in better relationship outcomes for match maker kind of services for rich people. But that's just my speculation here, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But nonetheless I still stand firm in my belief that dating while you're trying to unscript yourself is a bad idea for all of the reasons I've mentioned above.

easy850

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 8, 2021
That's not always a clear-cut answer. Sometimes they can both be equally not so easily replaceable. But still, you are always better off ditching the relationship, why? Simple. If you have to give up who you truly are deep down inside you in order to be with someone else romantically, then you are absolutely in the wrong relationship. That is why I never believe that it is a good idea to date while you're being an entrepreneur (because of gold diggers and the emotional pillars of manipulation that people can use against you). It's just not something that will work. It's like trying to mix water and oil with one another. The only exception to this is if you are like the Trottmans in the great rat race escape , but if not, then well, you will have to ditch the relationship. The moment you realize that you are no longer compatible with one another in a relationship is the moment that you need to break up and move on. Now let's say you've made it and are officially unscripted now, do you date someone who has a 9 to 5 or a person who's just as unscripted as you are? I'd say to do the latter. Why? Because again, it's like trying to mix water and oil with one another. It's extremely difficult to tell whether or not someone is genuinely with you for you, or your money. The only way to have the certainty that it's not for the money is if you date a person whose wealth / income is at a similar enough level to yours (If you both are already rich, there is much less of an incentive to stay together for financial reasons). And besides, I am willing to speculate that dating works a lot better between the rich dating among themselves then among the lower and middle class. Why? well because being at the financial pinnacle is an already lonely enough place (when it comes to friendships and family and stuff). If a rich person wants to be polygamous and not date so seriously, then well, that's where having a lot of money works to that rich person's favor. But now if the rich person wants to have a serious relationship on the other hand, then that's where they're the most likely to find one if the only date within their class and not outside of it b/c of how so few potential partners there are in the world for them to grab (Hence, it forces them to be a little less picky about their partner and such.) Essentially this would result in better relationship outcomes for match maker kind of services for rich people. But that's just my speculation here, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But nonetheless I still stand firm in my belief that dating while you're trying to unscript yourself is a bad idea for all of the reasons I've mentioned above.
100% agree, trying to date while starting/running a business is insanely difficult.

Like trying to drive with your handbrake engaged, you're just going to go in circles.

Nana Kwame

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 11, 2022
Amazing stuff, lessons noted

SDFreedomFighter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 25, 2014
San Diego
100% agree, trying to date while starting/running a business is insanely difficult.

Like trying to drive with your handbrake engaged, you're just going to go in circles.
Man, I totally get this part. My GF broke up with me reluctantly to try and get her side hustle going and although I'm bummed, I also totally get that she needs to focus on this if she wants to make it happen, regardless of how much I was supporting her. It is what it is.

You do what you have to and if it's meant to be it'll work out, otherwise there are plenty of fish out there.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders