Hi everyone,
Thanks for the book, MJ! Specifically, thanks for things like “Nobody gives two shits about your motives†and “No, I won’t sign your NDA, nor do I care about your idea. In the world of wealth, ideas are worthless yet treated like gold.†Brilliant stuff!
These things should have been so simple to formulate yet nobody has either had the awareness, the honesty or the balls to put this little new little twist on things until you came along. For this reason, I think there is hope for some of us entrepreneurs. Take that stale idea and put a little new twist on it, and bingo - value added, need addressed! Mind you I currently identify needs as well as a blind man in a snowstorm, but I am convinced I'll get better at it once I start experimenting a little and start pursuing a course of action consistently.
A little about myself.
My name is Mike and I'm a Canadian currently living and teaching English in South Korea. I've been doing this for 7 years in various countries around Asia even though my background is in software design. Originally I got into ESL teaching abroad because I figured it's the best way to attain freedom – work 1 year and take 2 years off and go anywhere and do anything. Although this seemed like an amazing idea at first, I realized that not getting anywhere financially keeps me in the loop of being a prisoner to employment making my freedom only temporary. For the two years I am off I have to live pretty frugally (which is getting harder with a family on the way) and I would continuously worry about how to get a good job with the 2 year gaps in my resume. Enter the lessons from MJ's book.
MY GOAL - create a business that creates substantial value (aka. makes people's lives better) and which can reduce my indenture time/free time ration to 1:6 (work 1 day, not work 6). I envision this happening by adding value with a business combining the area of education, internet, mobile computing (aka. tablets, smart phones etc) and superlative customer service. I'd like to hear from you if you share these interests or if you had success in the fastlane and think I should focus my efforts elsewhere.
Thanks to all of you for your contributions to this awesome board. I'll try my best to do my part!
Mike
Thanks for the book, MJ! Specifically, thanks for things like “Nobody gives two shits about your motives†and “No, I won’t sign your NDA, nor do I care about your idea. In the world of wealth, ideas are worthless yet treated like gold.†Brilliant stuff!
These things should have been so simple to formulate yet nobody has either had the awareness, the honesty or the balls to put this little new little twist on things until you came along. For this reason, I think there is hope for some of us entrepreneurs. Take that stale idea and put a little new twist on it, and bingo - value added, need addressed! Mind you I currently identify needs as well as a blind man in a snowstorm, but I am convinced I'll get better at it once I start experimenting a little and start pursuing a course of action consistently.
A little about myself.
My name is Mike and I'm a Canadian currently living and teaching English in South Korea. I've been doing this for 7 years in various countries around Asia even though my background is in software design. Originally I got into ESL teaching abroad because I figured it's the best way to attain freedom – work 1 year and take 2 years off and go anywhere and do anything. Although this seemed like an amazing idea at first, I realized that not getting anywhere financially keeps me in the loop of being a prisoner to employment making my freedom only temporary. For the two years I am off I have to live pretty frugally (which is getting harder with a family on the way) and I would continuously worry about how to get a good job with the 2 year gaps in my resume. Enter the lessons from MJ's book.
MY GOAL - create a business that creates substantial value (aka. makes people's lives better) and which can reduce my indenture time/free time ration to 1:6 (work 1 day, not work 6). I envision this happening by adding value with a business combining the area of education, internet, mobile computing (aka. tablets, smart phones etc) and superlative customer service. I'd like to hear from you if you share these interests or if you had success in the fastlane and think I should focus my efforts elsewhere.
Thanks to all of you for your contributions to this awesome board. I'll try my best to do my part!
Mike
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
