The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Engineering dropout, suicide attempt survivor, teaching myself computer science and writing to enter the FASTLANE.

FJ Dotcom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 14, 2021
Read The Great Rat Race Escape and about half of Unscripted . I'm glad to say that I've woken up completely. Dropping out of engineering in Germany to complete the open sourced computer science degree from Github, freecodecamy for some web dev, and I also want to slowly build the business system through writing and tweetstorming.

A bit about myself: 24 yo from South America, currently in Western Europe. Bullied quite a lot as a kid due to beeing geeky. I used to stay up real late reading fantasy books and playing Starcraft. Got "serious" about life at about 18 yo, but unfortunately for me my effort was placed into the slowlane. Good grades. Good interships. ETFs. Savings plan.

Pressure from my dad made me pursue a chemical engineering degree without any real interest in it, just to "have a good base and something solid to fall back on. Coming from a latin family, traditional education is glorified regardless of the cost. Luckily I came to a country in Europe where education was a whole lot cheaper than the U.S. But my little brother just began studying finance at a >30k/year university in CanadaI His salary would be about 80k/year pre expenses. True madness.

I don't want to work as an engineer. Starting up something in my field takes at least a masters and a lot of capital. Plus I'd be competing with the cartel that are the established chemical companies.

Took some cs courses at uni and grew to love the flow experience that is code. Though I should switch majors but ran into problems at uni. Looked into a Bootcamp but my visa wouldn't cover that, plus I'd be 15k down with no guarantees. Luckily, I found so many online resources, even a whole degree layout for CS free online.

I'm here to meet other unscripted , fastlane, or even liberated individuals and learn a lot from them. When I eventually make it, I plan to help fresh unscriptees too. It feels so weird talking to my friends or roomates about my future plans. All they seem to wish are good grades and a good job. Starting a business doens't even enter the mind of the people around me. So I really want to interact with people that also want to take charge of their lives and flip the script on society.

Thanks for reading my introduction! I wish to hear from you all.

-FJ Dotcom ( btw if you know who inspired my alias, you're a real one ).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonnyDinero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Dec 22, 2021
Welcome FJ :)

I'm also a drop out, suicide survivor and learning how to code. Feel free to chat me up if you need some, perhaps we can help each other in out in our journey

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...