The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email list

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I am starting to build a bigger email list than my shopping cart software is built to handle. I think what I need is an email server, but really not sure.

Any recomendations?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can join a mailing list service ... there are tons of them out there.

Google "email list management" ... many are free for the first 1000 or so emails then the price goes up.

iContact.com
ConstantContact.com
Aweber.com
Lyris.com

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I had the demo version of iContact for my dad's office for a brief period, but all I can remember was that it was pretty easy to input addresses. Also, the customer service people were pretty eager to help, although they called several times to see what I thought of the trial. It seemed more helpful than pushy, though.

The founder of iContact is Ryan Allis -- a young entrepreneur and author that has been discussed a few times on here. Search his name on the forums and I think there's a thread that should come up with a little success story about him.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Anyone use any of these that they can recommend?

I always check the promo/info emails i get to see what people are using. Although it may be a product of branding but i see ConstantContact come up the most.

Rick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 8, 2010
Bonn, Germany
I am using getresponse and it works for me in general, but they had some really annoying issues during a major migration. Even worse was their information strategy or should I say non-information strategy. In addition to that they have raised their prices and lost their advantage to aweber.

Aweber seems to be used by most internetmarketers. If you receive any news-/ salesletters check the links in it and you can see which service is being used.

Cheers!
Rick

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
from a user's point of view, I like aweber. It allows me to easily change what address I am getting the mails to and if someone has multiple lists I can manage them from the same screen.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
For email marketing, my preference is Aweber. They're affordable, and their functionality is badass. They make form design and list management a snap. Their platform is widespread, so most users are very comfortable with their interface.

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
If you are looking for an all in one solution, and have the money to pay for it, I would recommend infusionsoft.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
If you need affiliate management, cart and crm all in one, then infusionsoft looks like a great solution. I'm skeptical about any all-on-one solution, but I'm looking at them as an option. They are definitely more expensive than the others, but if they really pull through on all they claim to offer, it may be a great option.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.