The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk, founder of PayPal, and his next business - SpaceX

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I just watched a show on him done by bloomberg called risk takers. His story is truely inspirational and absolutly amazing. In addition to spacex he also started one of the largest solar panel companies in the country and testla motors the first electric sports car. Abosulty amazing businesses with an amazing story.

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
I just watched a show on him done by bloomberg called risk takers. His story is truely inspirational and absolutly amazing. In addition to spacex he also started one of the largest solar panel companies in the country and testla motors the first electric sports car. Abosulty amazing businesses with an amazing story.

Thanks for sharing Pete. I just watched it and it is absolutely amazing to watch how he overcame all the obstacles, challenges and detractors. Inspirational indeed.

Video link.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lightningbob

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2012
I am looking forward to the next five years with great anticipation. Mr. Musk is also working with Burt Rutan I believe on a larger version of Rutans Space Ship One X-prize winning idea. The physics and design of his rockets aren't revolutionary. His business practice isn't either but applying his business ideas to rockety simply hasn't been done before and I admire and applaud his success and his success to come.
.....By the way anyone know how I can raise thirty million dollars to make a heavy lift air breathing/rocket plane to carry a 60 ton object to a thirty mile altitude?

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for sharing Pete. I just watched it and it is absolutely amazing to watch how he overcame all the obstacles, challenges and detractors. Inspirational indeed.

I really liked it because it really focused on his struggle more then his instant success. So many documentaries about great entreprenuers focus on their wealth and success (look at this great lavish home etc.) rather then the major roadblocks that they had to navigate to get there. I cannot imagine running 3 struggling companies that need 100s of million invested to either sink or swim all of which came out of his pocket. If they went under he would be back to square one.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
2012-05-23 11:35 PM
The President just called to say congrats. Caller ID was blocked, so at first I thought it was a telemarketer :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
2012-05-25 2:21 PM
Our spaceship is now fully docked with the International Space Station. HSMF!! #Dragon pic.twitter.com/fiR77fKb

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Tesla CEO Elon Musk may not admit it publicly, but right now he has to be laughing to himself. During the final weeks of the presidential campaign, Republican nominee Mitt Romney called Tesla a "loser." Romney was lumping Tesla in with Solyndra, Fisker, A123 and lithium-ion cell maker Ener1.

Tesla's Elon Musk Likes Being the Winner - Yahoo! Finance

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.