The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk Can't Sell His Teslas in Texas

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noqdlCmn4h0

As a Texas resident, this pisses me off!

I'm sick and tired of car dealerships and their monopolies.

Whenever a genuine entrepreneur tries to provide a valuable service, politics and lobbying always has to get in the way.

I guess that's what happens when you're changing the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
It's ridiculous but there's ways around it. They still have show rooms where you can test drive, and I believe they walk you through the online ordering process. But I guess it's the principle that matters. You can make a bicycle and sell it, but you can't make a car and sell it.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
I'm surprised that this is a problem in Texas. Texas is usually considered to be one of the more conservative states, so I wouldn't expect this kind of problem. Thanks for sharing.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

Whenever a genuine entrepreneur tries to provide a valuable service, politics and lobbying always has to get in the way.

I am from the government and I am here to help you..............................................................Right.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I hate dealers with a passion. I use to work in one and the people selling you the car have the worst attitudes ever. They don't don't give a F*ck about you or what you want in a car. They just want their commission and for you to get out if their faces.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

It depends on which country you're in.

In regards to economic freedom, not all countries are created equal.

WHY US ECONOMIC FREEDOM HAS HIT A HISTORIC LOW. WHAT HAPPENED?

The United States has slipped to its lowest level in world rankings of economic freedom, according an annual index released Wednesday by the conservative Heritage Foundation.

In the latest report, the U.S. ranks 17th out of 180 countries with an economic freedom score of 75.1 out of 100. Last year, the U.S. ranked number 11. Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand topped the list, with respective scores of 89.8, 88.6 and 83.7. Other countries that placed ahead of the U.S. included Canada, Taiwan and Britain, among others.

(US falls in economic freedom index)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I am from the government and I am here to help you..............................................................Right.

The government is actually helping Elon Musk sell some of his environment-saving technology, and most people don't seem to know.

Elon Musk played a role in the founding and growth of Solar City, the largest Solar panel company in the United States.

Through the PACE program in Texas, residential and commercial building owners can perform solar and other energy efficiency projects without any capital out of pocket (the initial capital outlay explains why most solar projects don't happen; PACE solves for this).

In a mixed economy like the United States, in which its once pure capitalism has been diluted with legislation, the smart entrepreneurs are winning where they can. Legislation and unfree markets still have opportunities, and some opportunities are sometimes created through legislation that would not have happened otherwise.

PACE, for instance, is a government program that will facilitate tens of billions of dollars in energy efficiency construction projects over the next several years. Without that program, these projects would likely not happen.

"Attack what is weak, avoid what is strong," as someone smart once said.

Last edited:

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
The government is actually helping Elon Musk sell some of his environment-saving technology, and most people don't seem to know.

Elon Musk played a role in the founding and growth of Solar City, the largest Solar panel company in the United States.

Through the PACE program in Texas, residential and commercial building owners can perform solar and other energy efficiency projects without any capital out of pocket (the initial capital outlay explains why most solar projects don't happen; PACE solves for this).

Energy efficiency projects with no capital out of pocket?

Do people know about this??

That's extremely powerful.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

In a mixed economy like the United States, in which its once pure capitalism has been diluted with legislation, the smart entrepreneurs are winning where they can. Legislation and unfree markets still have opportunities, and some opportunities are sometimes created through legislation that would not have happened otherwise.

PACE, for instance, is a government program that will facilitate tens of billions of dollars in energy efficiency construction projects over the next several years. Without that program, these projects would likely not happen.

"Attack what is weak, avoid what is strong," as someone smart once said.

Last edited:

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
I hate dealers with a passion. I use to work in one and the people selling you the car have the worst attitudes ever. They don't don't give a F*ck about you or what you want in a car. They just want their commission and for you to get out if their faces.
As in any commission based industry.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere

LOL.

Tesla has gotten 4.9 billion dollars in federal/state subsidies over the past few years. They've benefited plenty from politics and lobbying.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.